Talk

Advanced search

10 week old feeding 7+ at night and 2 every 2hours daytime

(6 Posts)
mama2leah Tue 20-Oct-09 09:28:58

my 10 week old baby is feeding 7 times at night ( being 8pm) and at least every 2 hours in the day...

im struggling with this.
dd1 by this age was waking up once/twice at night.

i choose not to co-sleep this time, as i had very bad backache last time.

christiana Tue 20-Oct-09 09:40:15

Message withdrawn

mamamila Tue 20-Oct-09 10:00:01

oh dear, just want to offer some sympathy, last night at around 1am I was still rocking/ feeding/ burping/ repeat and started crying as i felt so exhausted and useless at making babies sleep.

are you bottle or breast feeding? i'm breastfeeding and often offer breast at slightest cry but i'm trying to stretch out the feeds in day so dd feeds longer instead of 'snacking'. it seems to work but i end up either carrying dd around on my arm or in sling and we co-sleep too and my back is killing me too! in the day i try to feed her soon after she wakes and then change her to keep her awake and feed again.
at night i bring her into bed with me when she wakes and feed her lying down just using mobile phone for light and wind her then she'll usually fall asleep again as she's cuddled up close to me, if i try to feed her sitting up and putting her back in her bed i'd be up for hours in the night

hopefully someone will come along with some magic advice, i'll be watching and waiting too!

mama2leah Tue 20-Oct-09 11:14:18

breastfeeding..
she has refluxx- but i stopped the medicine, it wasn't helping her...

could my supply be going down? i often dont find time to eat with the 2 of them, dd1 is only 15 months.

mama- i use phone for light too-lol

christiana Tue 20-Oct-09 11:28:19

Message withdrawn

mama2leah Tue 20-Oct-09 14:32:08

its calmed down a lot now...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now