Talk

Advanced search

Why does BF 8 wk DS suddenly have really stinky poos?

(8 Posts)
YanknHeadsOffCocks Mon 19-Oct-09 14:16:40

My god, his arse is rank! The poo doesn't look any different (shades of orange and yellow), consistency is still the same mostly (runny). But the stench! This has been going on for a few days now, and I can't think of anything I'm eating that is very different.

DH has a stomach bug that caused vomiting and diarrhoea, and I've got a bit of a head cold. I considered that DS might be ill, but he seems fine other than wanting to feed every 2 hours during the day (think it's a growth spurt).

Any ideas? I can instantly smell him across the room when he poos!

whomovedmychocolate Mon 19-Oct-09 15:32:02

Virus - probably the same your DH has. It will pass. Feed him more often, suggest a peg for your nose wink

YanknHeadsOffCocks Mon 19-Oct-09 15:38:04

Oh dear! You really think he's got the same virus? Poor little guy! I just hope he doesn't puke.

whomovedmychocolate Mon 19-Oct-09 16:00:58

Probably won't. Will probably just feed almost continually for a few days and be a bit whiney. Remember if you've got it, you're feeding him the cure so he's going to be a tad keen to nurse. (Which is lovely if you are feeling like crap hmm) but he will get better quicker because of it

Poohbearsmom Mon 19-Oct-09 16:11:50

I agree... Poor little mite jus keep feedin and feedin so he doesnt get dehydrated and hopefully he wont hav any vomitin as he has had da stinky poo's a few days already he mayb on the mend... Best of luck hope ye all feel better soon

YanknHeadsOffCocks Mon 19-Oct-09 16:12:09

DH has just reported the last nappy wasn't quite as bad as before. He couldn't do nappy changes the last two days due to his own dodgy tummy (felt like he was going to puke every time he smelled DS's stinky poo). So DS must be getting a bit better, or DH is better, or both!

Now I just hope my head cold goes away without getting worse. I could really go back to bed, but I know I'll have to get up again to feed DS.

whomovedmychocolate Mon 19-Oct-09 17:14:05

Having said, my DS did start to do wonderpoops at about two months which stank hmm

YanknHeadsOffCocks Mon 19-Oct-09 18:34:34

I reckon you were right the first time, looking at some of the stuff he sprayed me with last night as it went into the washing machine, it's actually a more greenish colour than usual, which I read can be a sign of GI bug.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now