Talk

Advanced search

The end of bf bras - need recommendations please

(10 Posts)
IlanaK Mon 13-Jun-05 09:26:25

Ds was one year old this weekend and is now only feeding morning and evening. So I don't really need my bravados anymore and would like to buy some new, non-bf, bras. I would usually just go to M+S, but is this the best place? Anyone have any recommendations of anywhere else? I have all of Oxford Street at my disposal!

hoxtonchick Mon 13-Jun-05 09:27:28

are you of a size to go to bravissimo (i think their sizes start at DD)? if so, thoroughly reccommend them.

fastasleep Mon 13-Jun-05 09:30:25

Oh I envy you! I've been in pregnancy/breastfeeding/pregnancy and soon to be breastfeeding bras for an absolute age! Have fun buy a really really pretty one you deserve it!

hermykne Mon 13-Jun-05 09:34:35

ilana
if i get to M & S i dont think i'd come out of the lingerie section, they have so much stuff, i want it all.
still the b/f bras myself at 10mths and going on hol and DO NOT want to be wearing them then.

Satine Mon 13-Jun-05 09:43:33

I cannot recommend Rigby and Peller highly enough! They are fantastic and have bras of every size, style, price (really - not just expensive ones) and the women are so friendly. M & S and Army & Navy measured me recently and said I was 38D and 36DD respectively but all bras really uncomfortable - Rigby and Peller woman took one look at me and brought back armfuls of 34E bras which fit like a dream and I hardly notice that I'm wearing. There are two branches that I know of in London - one next to Harrods and one on Conduit Street, off Bond Street I think.

fastasleep Mon 13-Jun-05 09:49:19

Oooh definately go for Rigby and Peller if you can afford it!

(I can't lol)

IlanaK Mon 13-Jun-05 09:50:01

Thanks everyone. I just had a look at Rigby and Peller's site and they have a sale starting July 5th. SO if I hold off another couple of weeks, I can afford them!

fastasleep Mon 13-Jun-05 09:50:27

Yay! Perfect timing!

welshmum Mon 13-Jun-05 10:22:12

Second the Rigby and Peller - they fit like a dream and last for ever.
Otherwise I was in John Lewis on Saturday (buying bfing bras) and they had some really pretty things in - mere whisps of delicately printed fancies that I won't get near for months and months....hope you're shopping trip is fun

Chuffed Mon 13-Jun-05 11:13:21

Go to Rigby and Pellar, get a proper fitting and even if you only get one bra you will know what you are looking for when you go into other stores.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now