Talk

Advanced search

Can we talk pumping? :O)

(15 Posts)
HeinzSight Sun 18-Oct-09 12:41:07

Which is the best breast pump?

And does anyone want to sell theirs?

foxytocin Sun 18-Oct-09 12:50:25

I am a happy (ex) user of an Ameda Lactaline. I expressed at work with one. Small, quiet, efficient, light, single or double electric. Reasonably priced. The company is also not a WHO Codebreaker if that sort of thing matters to you.

Oh, have just listed mine for sale today on MN.

ineedalifelaundry Sun 18-Oct-09 13:01:45

Also love the ameda lactaline. Mine not for sale just yet, sorry! But I bought it on eBay for a decent price, hardly used.

bronze Sun 18-Oct-09 13:07:52

I had to pump solidly for over three months with dd and kept going back to the avent isis manual

YanknCock Sun 18-Oct-09 14:25:55

I got my Medela Swing on ebay and there are usually plenty on there. It's electric, compact, efficient. Works on mains or batteries--I've expressed while in the car going down the motorway (not driving of course)! The breastfeeding MW that visited me reckoned it was the best one due to the two phase pumping--goes very quickly to start then slows down, like a baby.

Misspaella Sun 18-Oct-09 15:54:46

I got an Ameda Lactaline off ebay and it was brilliant. It is a double pump which saves so much time (I have 2 other DC's + a 15week old baby) and just express twice a day for 10-15min each time and get lots of milk.

Quiet enough to do whilst watching telly.

I used to have the Medela mini electric and it was good but loud and only could do one breast at at time so was not ideal to "snappy expressing".

ParanoidAtAllTimes Sun 18-Oct-09 17:29:49

Can highly recommend the Medela Swing- expensive but very effective. I'm still using mine though I'm afraid!

browntrout Sun 18-Oct-09 18:08:51

medela swing here too. Due to have DD2 in 3 weeks so still needed!

skidoodle Sun 18-Oct-09 18:11:50

I used a Medela mini and liked it fine. I had to get another though, as the motor in the first one wore out. I did pump a lot though.

suzi2 Sun 18-Oct-09 18:16:23

For DS I had a medela mini electric - fine but noisy and it hurt me a little. I also had a tommee tippee hand pump for times when I had to be quiet. With DD I bought an ameda lactaline double pump and it was fantastic - quiet and efficent, easy to control. It's not terribly portable though IMO.

I must sell it at some point, but not ready to sell at the moment as I'd have to work out which cupboard I stuck it in :-D

Skillbo Sun 18-Oct-09 18:29:12

Foxycotin - where did you list your expresser for sale on here? Am a bit rubbish at finding new threads but this sounds like an excellent way to find a reasonably priced, reliable one and I need one for a couple of months time when I go back to work!

foxytocin Sun 18-Oct-09 18:57:44

here

the damage which I mentioned is on the piece that is recommended you replace when buying a pump second hand. (the flute looking part) I thought the potential new owner may like the damaged part anyway to check for size as they come in different sizes and would give an idea of fit too. Standard or bigger, for example.

I also have the silicone massage shields which fit this pump plus lots of spares.

HeinzSight Mon 19-Oct-09 10:46:05

thanks for your advice, I managed to get a Medela Swing on ebay for £45 inc postage! V pleased and can't wait for it to arrive!!

ParanoidAtAllTimes Mon 19-Oct-09 11:54:55

Happy pumping

YanknHeadsOffCocks Wed 21-Oct-09 21:22:29

Nice one, you did better than I did! Mine was £58 with the postage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now