Talk

Advanced search

Gripe water and vomiting?

(5 Posts)
M78 Fri 16-Oct-09 17:09:44

After giving my DD2 infacol for 3 weeks to help with wind, tummy ache and constant stirring during her sleep, I noticed that, apart from a couple of days, things weren't getting any better so I decided to give gripe water a go. I must say that it does what it says on the bottle and helps her produce really loud burps, but it also seems to make her quite unsettled for 20 min or so after her feed, she has also been vomiting quite a bit of milk after every feed since using it ( before gripe water she never brought up any milk at all). I know she is a month old now, but as she is only 7 pounds 11oz, should have a waited a bit longer? Has anyone had this? I am not sure what to do, I don't really want to stop it as now I don't have to spend ages and ages trying to get her wind up, but at the same time I don't want to give her something that is not agreeing with her tummy!

M78 Fri 16-Oct-09 18:57:12

bump anyone?

duende Fri 16-Oct-09 19:48:18

gripe water did help my DS bring the wind up but it was so violent that he was bringing up quite a lot of milk. we stopped using it for this reason. we haven't found anything that would help with wind but not make him sick at the same time, apart from dr brown's bottles. not very helpful if you're breastfeeding, sorry!

CyradisTheSeer Sat 17-Oct-09 11:14:36

Message withdrawn

M78 Sat 17-Oct-09 15:07:42

I didn't know you could use both at the same time, but I'll try and see what happens. We had an awful night last night, with DD2 awake grunting and crying on and off from 2.30 am until 6 am (I keep thinking it must be silent reflux). I burp her first sitting on my knees with her body tilt forward and if that doesn't work I lay her on her back and push her legs to her chest, I normally keep doing the 1st and 2nd thing until finally she burps, sometimes it takes me nearly 1hr!I am exhausted.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now