Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Quick question re: ebm

(9 Posts)
Hulla Fri 16-Oct-09 09:28:19

I have to go into work this morning for a meeting with my boss. She is fine with me bringing dd in with me so I have expressed this morning and put it in a sippy cup for her.

I have checked Kellymom and it says its fine to keep ebm at room temp for upto 10 hours (I'll only need the morning) but can I let dd just sip from it on and off through the morning or does she have to drink it in one go?

I won't be reheating it.

Knickers0nMaHead Fri 16-Oct-09 09:34:21

I think it would be fine for her to sip at it. Out of curiosity, why can't you just feed her as normal?

CMOTdibbler Fri 16-Oct-09 09:37:07

Should be OK to sip at, but I'd let her feed tbh. I fed right through a meeting with my boss when DS was 3 weeks old - was supposed to be my 'going on mat leave' meeting, but DS had had other ideas. Boss was totally unphased by it

Hulla Fri 16-Oct-09 09:46:31

I'm just not brave enough knickers, she's almost 9 months, quite likes biting & turning round to look at people and my office is a bit of a boys club. Most of the women I work with are either childless or ttc in their 40s and they think I am crazy to have a dc at 31 and just before I left one woman made a point of coming over and telling me how disgusting she thought it was that I would be paid to have a year off with my child.

Before I went on mat leave I mentioned to a colleague how my friend was still bf her 1 year old and his answer has always stuck with me "Isn't that child abuse?".

I know I should be braver but I just can't do it. Sorry.

Hulla Fri 16-Oct-09 09:54:22

Thank you both for replying btw! smile

star6 Fri 16-Oct-09 09:54:46

shock
That's awful, Hulla! I'm sorry you have to work in that environment. People who don't have children will just never understand unless they have their own.
I know for a fact that you can let her sip on and off from it throughout the morning. EBM is different than formula in that way - because of the antibodies. You don't have to throw it away after a feed.

Knickers0nMaHead Fri 16-Oct-09 10:12:34

shock that is terrible!!!

Hulla Fri 16-Oct-09 14:30:11

Thanks everyone. DD found the sippy cup funny but it was wasted. The meeting went on quite long and dd wanted to feed to sleep so I just fed her. It didn't require the courage I expected!

New boss was lovely, I explained about having some health problems since dd's birth and she suggested working from home when needed & work paying for some counselling for me.

Maybe it's changed while I've been away!

mummywoowoo Fri 16-Oct-09 22:02:09

Things are on the up Hulla! Your old colleagues sounded awful!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now