Talk

Advanced search

I think I've just given my last breast feed EVER!!!

(24 Posts)
moondog Sun 12-Jun-05 10:39:19

Ds not been that interested since about 8 months (unsurprisingly as he eats like a navvie), For the last 2 months (he's 11 months now) it's been a quick 5 minutes in the morning,but now even that has gone. So, it's been 3 days now,and yesterday dd left the freezer open so my last supplies of EBM have thawed. Maybe it was an omen.
Feel a bit sad,as OI don't want any more children,but in another way,feel I can now start thinking about me a little more so yesterday I spent £260 on lovely floaty Per Una clothes!!

hermykne Sun 12-Jun-05 10:43:30

moondog well done
i want to stop soon, but ds wont go back to his bottle or cup so its a quick am and pm feed for now.

i remeber feeling sad the day i stopped feeding dd.

enjoy those clothes , i am dying to get my hands on some of the gorgeus M & S underwear .........

Lonelymum Sun 12-Jun-05 10:49:53

It was a phase Moondog, and now it has passed and you can look forward to the next phase. It is natural to feel a twinge of regret but you don't want a 22 year old son asking for the titty do you?

emkana Sun 12-Jun-05 10:51:23

God, lonelymum, but to make the leap from an 11-month-old breastfeeding to a 22 year old asking for "titty" really gets my goat (again).
What is the relation there??????

Lonelymum Sun 12-Jun-05 10:53:03

OPh sorry, emkana, don't know where you are coming from. Just a joke. Ignore it if it offends.

Socci Sun 12-Jun-05 10:53:12

Message withdrawn

Lonelymum Sun 12-Jun-05 10:53:45

Sorry, I have stepped into something I wasn't expecting here. Sorry everyone.

moondog Sun 12-Jun-05 10:55:22

Thanks ladies for your kind words..
Feel odd,and as alone without dh it's a bit sad,although I am not one of life's natural bfeeders (despite having done so with dd for 2 1/2 years)

Lol hermykne! Yeah sorted the top layer out (damn it,nothing fits my top half any more and I've already got a cupboard full of nice tops)now I've got to sort the underneath layer. Grey knickers and frayed maternity bras to not an attractive Moondog make!)

Lonleymum, you're becoming quite the stirrer these days aren't you?????

Lonelymum Sun 12-Jun-05 10:56:46

Not intentionally Moondog. I am off to buy myself a gag.

moondog Sun 12-Jun-05 10:56:57

Promise you girls,Lonelymum is just having a larf! We breastfeeders can take that can't we (and I do believe that she counts herself as one of our happy brigade! )

suzywong Sun 12-Jun-05 10:56:59

sympathies for the end of an era, but well done for going so long

and how was the Reverend Al?

emkana Sun 12-Jun-05 10:57:59

All right, lonelymum, let's hear no more about it (as far a I'm concerned anyway)

Lonelymum Sun 12-Jun-05 10:58:41

Oh if that is the problem then yes Emkana and Socci, I am happy to confirm that I breast fed all four of my children, the last 2 for longer than most people around me approved of. I think I have the membership badge.

suzywong Sun 12-Jun-05 11:00:58

so how many years of BF in total then Lonely mum, we want to know precisely where you stand in the BF hierarchy?

moondog Sun 12-Jun-05 11:03:05

Hi suzy! At least now I can go to my Al Gren concert and not worry about looking like Anne Nicole Smith (or whatever she's called) in the chest area anyway...
Btw,when did you see him at the Albert Hall? Thought he hadn't toured Britain for years?

I went to visit his church in Memphis (miised the actual service unfortunatley) but his bass player showed us around and gave us a drink. As a thank you we bought a new battery for the church cell phone (this was 2005)

Come and play Lonelymum,all is forgiven!!

moondog Sun 12-Jun-05 11:03:33

Al Gren? Who he?!

suzywong Sun 12-Jun-05 11:04:33

ooooooooooo that's pretty cool
Um I saw him years ago, 97 or 96.

When are you going? Have you got his new album?

Are you in the UK now?

hermykne Sun 12-Jun-05 11:04:40

moondog
have you seen anna nicole shes lost the weight, pic of her in yesterdays times? i d love to know how she did it - prob got lipo too

Lonelymum Sun 12-Jun-05 11:05:07

I think I need to consult my solicitor before answering that Suzywong!

suzywong Sun 12-Jun-05 11:06:09

oh come on LM, I'm 37 months and counting (that's over 2 kids btw) and AN Smith had a tummy staple, gastric bypass thing

Lonelymum Sun 12-Jun-05 11:09:35

Nah sorry lasses, Lonelymum doesn't want to play now. I am a solid breastfeeding mother - I could set MN alight with my views on breastfeeding (well the bottle feeders anyway!) but I am not getting into a competition with my allies on how long I have b/f for. United we stand hey ladies?

Mud Sun 12-Jun-05 11:13:14

Lonelymum - as a fellow breastfeeder I appreciated your joke and am sorry you were made to feel guilty and ashamed by some posters who seem to take the concept of breastfeeding in general and make it into some kind of sacrosant personal deity at who's feet we should all worship.

I thought you were amusing and see no reason for you to be made to feel bad

Lonelymum Sun 12-Jun-05 11:14:28

Thanks Mud!

moondog Sun 12-Jun-05 11:15:09

I've got the second to last one ,suzy. Must get the new one,but the old stuff really does it for me-hope he plays this.
The concert is on the 30th of this month.

Anne Nicole wotsit in the Times??? There's no hope is there? I've only just written an 'Outraged from Tunbridge Wells' letter to the Telegraph asking them to desist from giving Russell Crowe's phone throwing antics coverage. Like I care.....!

Right, off out to get the papers-a mile to the shop and back. My new fitness regime.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: