Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Are your 4.5 month old babies still chucking up loads and needing to be winded?

(13 Posts)
Rosebud05 Thu 15-Oct-09 21:48:29

As the title says. My ds is and somehow it feels like it's going on too long? ie shouldn't his digestion be more or less sorted well before weaning?

Dawnybabe Thu 15-Oct-09 23:06:47

Are you breast or bottle? My 4.5 mo dd is mostly breast and she chucks up once in a blue moon. Might just be one of those things unique to your little man!
I'm sure someone will be along with a bit more help...smile

AcademicMum Thu 15-Oct-09 23:18:16

As Dawny says is your ds bottle fed? Could be cows milk allergy.

MamaMimi Thu 15-Oct-09 23:18:52

Dd2 is nearly 18 wks and still brings back a bit of milk after most feeds. I wouldn't call it chucking up exactly but she does frequently bring milk back or is a bit sick after digesting it.

And yes I still wind her during and after a feed. The wind seems to come up quicker and easier now but I still do it to help.

I breastfeed solely.

lavenderkate Thu 15-Oct-09 23:21:25

Just keep an eye on reflux perhaps.
Google it and get yourselves upto speed on it.

MegBusset Thu 15-Oct-09 23:38:47

DS2 is 24 weeks and still puking constantly! DS1 was like it too (in fact even worse), iirc it settled down very quickly once he was on solids.

Rosebud05 Fri 16-Oct-09 14:07:43

Sorry, should have said bf. Good to hear that there are others still draped in muslin squares!

MamaMimi Fri 16-Oct-09 17:01:50

Constantly have a pile of 'sicky' muslin squares for the wash even tho' I'm washing them often.

mummywoowoo Fri 16-Oct-09 21:51:56

Rosebud my DS is almost 5 mo, exclusively breastfed and still sicky.. I think some babies are just sicky... and seems worse every time after I eat fish/seafood.. hmm

mcflumpy Fri 16-Oct-09 23:07:15

Me too. DD is 18weeks and still quite pukey. Also bf, sometimes it's quite watery which I keep meaning to ask on here if that's normal?...

cory Fri 16-Oct-09 23:10:00

Ds was like this, and he was breastfed. Didn't seem uncomfortable. Just a very messy child. Still is angry

InSync Fri 16-Oct-09 23:12:33

DD always brought back a bit of milk after most feeds right until I stopped Bfing her at 1, although it did get better when I started weaning her.

CantSleepWontSleep Sat 17-Oct-09 08:57:53

rosebud - she could have a cows milk protein intolerance. My dd did, and it was only when I eliminated all dairy from my diet that she got better (takes 10-14 days to completely clear systems). She outgrew the problem around 20months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now