Talk

Advanced search

evening cluster feeding, does it last forever?

(9 Posts)
Booooooooooyhoo Wed 14-Oct-09 19:24:34

by that i mean, wil my baby continue to cluster feed in the evenings throughout the duration of breastfeeding? ie; til he stops?

i assumed he would stop this after a while but hes 4.5 months now and he's still doing it. is taht normal?

Booooooooooyhoo Wed 14-Oct-09 20:04:33

anyone, please.?

HumphreyCobbler Wed 14-Oct-09 20:06:20

dd stopped at around six months - I hope that isn't too depressing to hear.

It is so hard, at one point I felt like just yelling "Get off me" (Actually I may have done this blush).

Booooooooooyhoo Wed 14-Oct-09 20:10:26

thank you,

no not depressing at all, i just needed to know that its normal and not that he's not getting enough.

my ds1 slept 7 til 7 from very early but was bottle fed from 7 weeks so i have nothing to compare to and my mum keeps saying things like, "whats wrong with him." "he's not getting enough." "his brother slept through at that age".

FranklyIDontGiveAMam Wed 14-Oct-09 20:24:28

yeah, but you're in the 4-5 month regression to newborn hell period. It's the worst, but once through it the world is a faff-free oyster.

Booooooooooyhoo Wed 14-Oct-09 20:35:59

ooh, ive never heard of that before frankly.

what does that involve, so i know what to expect?

breastfeeding never really settles enough that you can predict feeds really does it? its always changing.

actually thats a really obvious thing isnt it, babies are constantly growing and changing so why would their consumption stop changing?

FranklyIDontGiveAMam Wed 14-Oct-09 20:45:18

I'll see if I can find you a link to a helpful article that explains what is going on. The behaviour at this time is often mistaken for a sign that weaning should begin because people can be at a loss as to what is going wrong all of a sudden.

Hang on for a bit.....

FranklyIDontGiveAMam Wed 14-Oct-09 20:58:14

here you go

Booooooooooyhoo Wed 14-Oct-09 21:09:31

thanks frankly.

i might quote some of that to my mum.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now