Talk

Advanced search

enfamil AR - any experiences?

(7 Posts)
duende Wed 14-Oct-09 18:28:30

Hi, it's me again. I've started a similar thread on children's health but haven't had much response. Hopefully someone here will be able to help.

Has anyone used/ is using enfamil AR for a baby with reflux? have you found that it's made a positive difference? and if so, how long did it take for things to improve?

bonkerz Wed 14-Oct-09 18:45:25

i used it with DD when she was a baby, we had tried everything, gaviscon, colief, aptilmil etc and nothing had worked so doc prescribed this milk for her.
We saw an improvement after about 3 days of being on enfamil and she stayed on it for 9 months!

duende Wed 14-Oct-09 19:08:45

bonkerz, thanks! I'm pinning my hopes on this. I'm glad it worked for your DD.
did she struggle with feeds on other milks? my DS seems to be in lots of pain when feeding

CoteDAzur Wed 14-Oct-09 22:33:44

It is brilliant! DS gets two bottles a day of Enfamil AR and those are the only feeds he keeps down. Also, it is the only formula I have tasted that is not downright disgusting.

We also used Gaviscon etc which didn't help one bit.

bonkerz Thu 15-Oct-09 07:44:46

it weas very obvious if i gave her other milk.........
she actually struggled till she was 2 and a half with reflux and would bring up solids too. Luckily she seems to have outgrown it now!
We would have to be very careful in restaurants and eating out and make sure we could catch her if she blew! LOL Sorry if TMI

CoteDAzur Thu 15-Oct-09 19:26:54

That is a bit depressing. I thought all this vomiting would be over by the time DS is 6 months or so sad

duende Thu 15-Oct-09 20:05:56

DS has had 3 feeds with enfamil ar today and wow. what a difference. he still brought up a bit, but nowhere near as much. but what's more important, there was no screaming, no choking, no stopping breathing. he finished 6oz each time. let's hope it lasts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now