Talk

Advanced search

BF 5 month old - what can I do to help his dodgy tummy?

(6 Posts)
littleweed10 Tue 13-Oct-09 10:55:45

hi
my little one has been suffering with atummy bug for 7 days now - awful runny nappies and now nappy rash. Doc has said to continue BF and has given daknacort for nappy rash

Any wise words for ideas of foods/ supplements I can take to boost him up? any good remedies for nappy rash - I have heard boob milk is good for this... is it?!

BertieBotts Tue 13-Oct-09 10:56:41

Worth a try!

I like the Weleda Calendula Nappy Change Cream, but have never had bad nappy rash so can't say whether it is any good for a bad one.

littleweed10 Tue 13-Oct-09 10:58:51

I've heard great things about weleda baby stuff... hot foot it to chemists I think

poppy34 Tue 13-Oct-09 20:49:30

metanium clears up nappy rash a treat when they have it brought on by a tummy upset.

tbh though I would have thought continuing to bf would be best thing to help - they'll catch up on feeding when they are better.

littleweed10 Wed 14-Oct-09 11:30:17

thanks poppy

I heard that taking lactobacillus supplements (me) might help him through the milk... anyone know about this?

ShowOfHands Wed 14-Oct-09 11:37:02

Metanium nappy cream is absolutely brilliant, only need a small amount.

Otherwise, bmilk, bmilk and bmilk. It's clever stuff anyway and will be providing him with everything he needs. Allow him unfettered access.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now