Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

18-month-old ds rather unambiguously defines our relationship...

(45 Posts)
MaMight Tue 13-Oct-09 06:16:20

"Where's Mummy?!"

Ds pulls open my shirt, tugs down my bra, points to my boobs and grins "Dere!!"

"And where's DS?!"

Ds opens his mouth wide, points inside and says "Dere!!"

hmm

TanteRose Tue 13-Oct-09 06:17:24

grin

whomovedmychocolate Tue 13-Oct-09 06:23:01

grin My 15 month old just runs up to me in any environment, hoicks down my t shirt and yells 'BOOOO, Mummy! Booooo!' (this means 'would you kindly get a nork out now I'm thirsty')

franklymydear Tue 13-Oct-09 06:25:34

its odd the things people are proud of on this site

franklymydear Tue 13-Oct-09 06:25:36

its odd the things people are proud of on this site

MaMight Tue 13-Oct-09 06:28:58

How so, Frankly?

nooka Tue 13-Oct-09 06:43:19

I don't know how old your ds is, but I would absolutely hate it if either of my children ever did that (they are 10 and 9 though). Are you not more than your breasts?

nooka Tue 13-Oct-09 06:44:31

Sorry - didn't notice the "18-months-old" in the title (dur) I still wouldn't be happy though!

whomovedmychocolate Tue 13-Oct-09 06:59:08

Oh for goodness sake, stop beating up the OP both of you, it's frankly pathetic to jump all over someone for telling us about some cute thing a toddler did angry

<mumsnet is getting far too full of this sort of rubbish>

WidowWadman Tue 13-Oct-09 07:12:55

I'm not sure how cute it is. I do plan to breastfeed until my daughter selfweans, however, I also want to teach her to respect my boundaries, though, and not yank my top down in public. An 18 months old should be able to understand this.

PoisonToadstool Tue 13-Oct-09 07:17:04

Oh come on, it's cute! I stopped feeding my DS long ago but he still pats a boob whenever he says mama. Well, sometimes he whacks me in the head but I rather think of those times as accidental hmm

LOL at respecting boundaries at 18 months. LOL a lot.

CarmenSanDiego Tue 13-Oct-09 07:24:07

I giggled!

Some people are being a bit humourless here. A 15-18 month old is just a baby.

MaMight Tue 13-Oct-09 07:30:32

Goodness.

Well, thank you to those of you who managed to see through the gross blurring of boundaries and loss of my sense of self a brief chat with my toddler caused me.

Lol at "are you not more than your breasts?" grin. I'd like to think so but it's something that ds is having problems with.

And I never said I was proud. But since you bring it up, I AM proud of still breastfeeding my 18 month old .

Longtalljosie Tue 13-Oct-09 07:46:01

So you should be x

poshsinglemum Tue 13-Oct-09 07:50:06

At 15 months my dd always goes for my jugs! She has noticed me as a person of course and likes to have a joke with me.

Druidmama Tue 13-Oct-09 10:11:05

DD1 used to call my norks 'Mama' and me Clare.....

She has since progressed to calling me Mama and them chocolate and ice cream!

MrsBadger Tue 13-Oct-09 10:15:36

dd is 2.2 and no longer bfing but is still convinced that a 'proper cuddle, mummy' should include her resting her cheek on my decolletage...

MaMight Tue 13-Oct-09 11:43:10

Rofl at Mama and Clare grin.

NellyNoKnicks Tue 13-Oct-09 11:47:09

Oh dear..... I said to DS this morning "where's mummy" and he looked straight at my boobs I'm hoping he wont start to flash them at everyone when he's older grin

singalongamumum Tue 13-Oct-09 11:49:00

That is hilarious and very cute Mamight! What a little dude you have there!!!

And (to the ones being a bit too serious IMO) of course at that age, one of the primary purposes of a mummy is feeding- that's just how it should be. I no longer breastfeed DS (2) but he always looks to me before anyone else when hungry or tired because he knows I'll meet his needs, and he is still obsessed with my breasts and likes to give them a stroke. Of course I encourage him not to do it in public, but TBH I don't really care- it's more to save other people's blushes than my own.

Zooropa Tue 13-Oct-09 11:49:08

Very cute
WidowWadman - where did the OP say it was in public?
I am puzzled why anyone would think this is wrong/hateful/odd.

franklymydear Tue 13-Oct-09 19:00:20

nothing wrong with breastfeeding till whenever

but a child who lifts your top in public is like a child who jams its hand up into your crotch or lifts your skirt - should be discouraged

and I wouldn't be proud if any of my children as toddlers thought mummy meant food is all

whelk Tue 13-Oct-09 20:31:19

Good grief its all a bit serious here! V cute MaMite and well done for bfing as long as you have.

MaMight Tue 13-Oct-09 22:13:43

As Zoorpoa points out, I never said this was in public.

Actually, ds and I were alone in the house, having a little chat and a cuddle.

Frankly - again with the 'proud'? This is all you, not me. I did not say proud. I did not imply proud. I was chuckling to myself and rolling my eyes, not bursting with pride. I find it interesting that your issue is with (imagined) pride.

Also "jams its hand up into your crotch"??? Wtf? WtFf?? You do understand that a breastfeeding child has a legitimate relationship with his mother's breasts, right? I mean, yes, my ds is thrilled that I have boobies because they provide him with milk and comfort. He is a baby and his milkies is very important to him. This is a good and lovely and wholesome thing. I don't know how you breastfed, but personally my crotch plays no part in it.

BabyValentine Tue 13-Oct-09 22:21:12

Well said, MaMight!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now