Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone here breastfed after having a pierced nipple?

(7 Posts)
Fraochsmum Mon 12-Oct-09 16:47:13

I have had one of my nipples pierced on two seperate occasions and was wondering if anyone had had any problems feeding after this.
I first got it done at uni, I asked the lady who did it if it would cause problems, but she said she knew of several people who had done it and it wasn't a bother. I took it out when me and ex-h were ttc, but when we split up I got it re-pierced.
I am now due in about 11 weeks, but took out the piercing about 2 years ago, so it is well healed over.
Just wondered if I could get first-hand experience from someone who has had the same smile

RockinSockBunnies Mon 12-Oct-09 16:50:39

Yes - I had my left nipple pierced when I was fifteen and had DD at nineteen. I took the piercing out when pregnant and never had any problems at all breastfeeding.

Obviously the piercing healed - there's a teeny scar where it was. But actually my left breast was the one preferred by DD and made the most milk!

Am sure you'll be fine! smile

WoTmania Mon 12-Oct-09 18:17:48

I've had 1 pierded once the other twice and am currently BF baby no3 and 2 tandem. It's been fine although one of the holes did leak milk with DS1 grin

Fraochsmum Mon 12-Oct-09 18:41:49

Brilliant, thank you very much for the feedback girls!

anniemac Thu 15-Oct-09 10:31:59

Message withdrawn

lucyec Thu 15-Oct-09 10:56:07

Yes, I did too - although the pierced one is more leaky than the non pierced one. No problems feeding at all though smile

clarea1 Thu 15-Oct-09 21:29:14

I had mine pierced but took it out about the time i found i was pregnant, it caused me no problems at all, or my son for that matter. He did have a side preference for a bit but i wouldn't give in and fed him on the 'due' side or nothing until he stopped paddying and fed. not sure if it had anything to do with the healed piercing or not.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now