Talk

Advanced search

AF started again today (booo) - nipples REALLY sore when feeding - how long will it last

(7 Posts)
MamaG Mon 12-Oct-09 10:51:46

or will it be painful every time I feed when I'm on my period?

I'm a bit gutted about the period TBH although BabyG IS almost 1 so I can't complain grin

MamaG Mon 12-Oct-09 11:08:19

<sits impatiently on the BF bench>>

MamaG Mon 12-Oct-09 11:21:08

<quietly gets out egg sandwich and a bottle of juice>

iMum Mon 12-Oct-09 11:23:59

same boat here, I got my af 34 days ago-first one since having ds3 who will be 1 next month.

I was gutted as I managed to last until 18 months after ds2 before AF came back!

That said tho, I am now on day 34 of my cycle which is quite long-I'm trying to convince myself that I may be up duffed again but that would be a bloomin miracle, ive heard you actually have to have sex to get preggers non?!?

MamaG Tue 13-Oct-09 10:46:59

lol imum
were your nipples sore too? I've got a really horrid red patch on one boob today and I feel really fluey. Great

iMum Tue 13-Oct-09 11:20:31

Yup, I did get "mastitis" and very very sore nipples, I was slathering on the lanisoh (sp?) that nipple cream stuff.
in fact I think I ended up pumping and trying (and failing) to bottle feed him as it hurt so much, this all then coinsided with a feeding strike which lasted 3 days and was hell on earth-but we are all fine now, he is back to feeding 2/3/4 times a day, boobs and nipples are fine but like I said, no af yet!

MamaG Tue 13-Oct-09 11:53:25

Thanks imum. I'm trynig all my usual stuff for the red bits (hot flannel etc) but good point about hte lansinoh. I gave all mine away (on here!) but t hink I should get some more

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: