Talk

Advanced search

AF started again today (booo) - nipples REALLY sore when feeding - how long will it last

(7 Posts)
MamaG Mon 12-Oct-09 10:51:46

or will it be painful every time I feed when I'm on my period?

I'm a bit gutted about the period TBH although BabyG IS almost 1 so I can't complain grin

MamaG Mon 12-Oct-09 11:08:19

<sits impatiently on the BF bench>>

MamaG Mon 12-Oct-09 11:21:08

<quietly gets out egg sandwich and a bottle of juice>

iMum Mon 12-Oct-09 11:23:59

same boat here, I got my af 34 days ago-first one since having ds3 who will be 1 next month.

I was gutted as I managed to last until 18 months after ds2 before AF came back!

That said tho, I am now on day 34 of my cycle which is quite long-I'm trying to convince myself that I may be up duffed again but that would be a bloomin miracle, ive heard you actually have to have sex to get preggers non?!?

MamaG Tue 13-Oct-09 10:46:59

lol imum
were your nipples sore too? I've got a really horrid red patch on one boob today and I feel really fluey. Great

iMum Tue 13-Oct-09 11:20:31

Yup, I did get "mastitis" and very very sore nipples, I was slathering on the lanisoh (sp?) that nipple cream stuff.
in fact I think I ended up pumping and trying (and failing) to bottle feed him as it hurt so much, this all then coinsided with a feeding strike which lasted 3 days and was hell on earth-but we are all fine now, he is back to feeding 2/3/4 times a day, boobs and nipples are fine but like I said, no af yet!

MamaG Tue 13-Oct-09 11:53:25

Thanks imum. I'm trynig all my usual stuff for the red bits (hot flannel etc) but good point about hte lansinoh. I gave all mine away (on here!) but t hink I should get some more

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now