Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Allergic reaction to formula and gavision

(6 Posts)
jai38 Thu 08-Oct-09 21:51:32

HI (Sorry long)

wondering if anyone has any suggestions - my five month old dd is now at nursery three mornings a week and am self employed so was struggling to express in shop and have now run out of frozen milk this week so have moved her to formula for nursery now.

She has reflux so gets gaviscon with each feed, always has this with no problems when breastfeed. She is still sicky but not as much but something will always come up.

This week (mon)after nursery she came up in a rash all down her left arm and the back of her neck which then became large red swellings - they went overnight. Now today after nursery we have had the same thing but on her chest. Turns out to be in the place she has managed to hit herself with sick after a feed. So it is the mix of formula and gaviscon when sicked up causing it. We have used Hipp Orgnaic Powder this week but previously ready mixed Aptimil.

Is there a difference between ready madea powder am I going to have to blow all my money of ready made formula or is it worth trying a differnt powder.

All advise appreciated.

girlsyearapart Fri 09-Oct-09 08:06:52

try re posting this on Allergies loads of helpful advice there.

Look for Misdee- her dd had a contact reaction to milk.

Mine is on hypoallergenic formula as dairy allergic.

olivo Fri 09-Oct-09 08:32:41

might it be the hipp as opposed to the fact it is powder formula, if you have successfully used the A ready made - can you try the aptimil powder first and monitor?
(i don't have experience of allergies but that's what i would try!)

jai38 Fri 09-Oct-09 10:04:08

Thanks - will copy and paste there I know coudl be Hipp but another tenner on formula to throw away sticks a little especially as i have struggled to give up the feeding in the first place.

olivo Fri 09-Oct-09 11:41:14

jai - do you have any friends who are ff who might be using aptimil powder - maybe you could 'borrow' a couple of feeds to try?

jai38 Fri 09-Oct-09 11:56:01

That would be a great idea - but no I was a bit late on having my second to all of them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now