Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Remembering to start on the other side each time

(6 Posts)
Warwickmum Thu 08-Oct-09 20:57:05

DS is now 8mo and is having solids 3 x a day but still breastfeeding 4 times a day. Even after EBF until 6mo, I am still having a nightmare remembering which side I finished on last time and therefore which side to start on next time. When EBfeeding I HAD to write it down as I just couldn't remember! At this stage of the game, as it were, does it really matter if I don't start on the opposite side each time. DS generally has both sides at each feed.
TIA

FlamingoBingo Thu 08-Oct-09 20:58:55

Don't stress about it - just feed on the one that is fullest. It really doesn't matter that much, especially at this stage.

Divvy Thu 08-Oct-09 21:00:55

I use a hair band on my wrist, put it on the side to feed from next.

Knickers0nmaChoppedOffhead Thu 08-Oct-09 21:04:16

Feel to see which one feels heavier, that's what I do grin

Warwickmum Thu 08-Oct-09 21:04:30

Yes, thanks Divvy - tried it and kept forgetting to swap it or couldn't remember if I had!!! Heaven help me when I go back to work! Think I need to ask DH for one of those brain training things for Christmas!
As for the fullest thing, these days it is impossible to tell as they never feel full anymore, but obviously are as DS more than happy with what he gets!
That was what I was hoping, that it doesn't really matter which side now. Thanks

MamaGoblin Thu 08-Oct-09 23:01:35

I'd never have been able to work the 'hairband on wrist' thing - I wouldn't be able to remember whether to move it before or after a feed! grin

I used to have a quick self-grope - it was always obvious which breast was fuller, probably up to about 10 months. At this stage, though, I wouldn't worry. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now