Talk

Advanced search

Irregular periods while bfeeding

(4 Posts)
undercoverelephant Wed 07-Oct-09 17:05:48

DD is 14 months and breastfeeding. I had my first period post-baby just over a month ago, and nothing since.

I know I'm not pregnant.

My periods were always regular before having DCs, and I think they were between pregnancies (DD is my third child). But I just can't remember...

So I'm assuming that it's the BF that's causing the irregularity.
Anyone experienced anything similar? How long does it take for things to get back to normal?

hanaflower Wed 07-Oct-09 21:54:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

undercoverelephant Fri 09-Oct-09 11:13:30

Thanks.

Was mighty irritated to see periods return, to be honest - am even more annoyed now to find that they are going to be irregular for a while!

No issues TTC here - in fact I very much do NOT want to! So I guess it's just a case of waiting a while for my body to get its act together.

Funny thing is, DD feeds a whole lot less regularly than my other two did at this age - i would have thought that would affect things...who knows?

whomovedmychocolate Fri 09-Oct-09 11:16:06

Mine took a good three periods to normalise. Dropping night feeds were the thing that did it for me as well with DD but then got pregnant with DS very very quickly. With DS (who is 15 months now) I've had two over a three month period - nothing like regularly. But GP suggested to me anything up to six months of erratic timings should be expected hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now