Talk

Advanced search

please help, my left breast feels like its going to pop!!!

(5 Posts)
redsofas Tue 06-Oct-09 14:14:35

im bf 7 week old ds and everythings been going great but in the last couple of days ive been feeding too much on the left side, my breast is now a fair bit larger than the other and VERY leaky and sore, i am trying to feed only on the right side for a bit today but it doesnt seem to be getting any better.
can anyone please give me advice on what might help???
i never had this with ds1 within 13 mos of bf.

redsofas Tue 06-Oct-09 14:29:11

anyone????? please help!!!! i dont want to end up with one boob bigger than the other!!!!

Longtalljosie Tue 06-Oct-09 20:30:11

Well, your boobs respond to what you do to them bf-wise, so it's just a suggestion but be as equal as you can with feeds - and use hot flannels / savoy cabbage leaves to help you with the engorgement?

mcflumpy Tue 06-Oct-09 20:34:39

You could always express a little from the engorged breast to give you a bit of relief.

redsofas Tue 06-Oct-09 23:14:04

they are feeling a bit more even thisevening and not so painful on the left side now, YAY!!! i will just have 2 make sure i dont subconsiously slip into feeding more on 1 side than the other! Thanks for advice tho!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now