Talk

Advanced search

What do you do when your baby sleeps through?

(12 Posts)
pippa251 Tue 06-Oct-09 11:18:39

Hi,

My 11 week old has just started sleeping though 8pm-7am (with a dream feed from an expressed bottle at 10pm). So I am waking up at 7am with huge painful boobs- which I then express the side she doesn't feed from on her first feed to ease the pain and get rid of the lumps- I then give her half of this on the dream feed at 10 pm as she will only dream feed from an expressed bottle. What can I do to stop producing through the night?
I'm in agony when I wake up- is it time to swich to formula?
Cheers

SardineQueen Tue 06-Oct-09 11:29:53

Your breasts should adjust to the new feeding times pretty quickly - how long has it been?

BTW my response to your title was "have a glass of wine" grin

StealthPolarBear Tue 06-Oct-09 11:31:50

mine was cheer!
As SQ says your supply should sort itself out very soon - have a towel to lie on and a couple to swap during the night for the next few nights maybe.
I have an almost 3 week old and the thought of a full night's sleep in 8 weeks is a very happy one

MrsBadger Tue 06-Oct-09 11:34:01

have a glass of wine and offer up grateful prayers!

no need for formula at all (if ever) - your supply will adjust within a few days. Cabbage leaves in your bra sounds mad but they are cool and soothing.

MamaG Tue 06-Oct-09 11:36:06

oh lucky you agree your boobs will settle down soon

KnickersandVests Tue 06-Oct-09 11:36:26

11 weeks? Thank your lucky stars grin

StealthPolarBear Tue 06-Oct-09 11:36:57

yes to cabbage leaves! Was told it had to be savoy cabbage, no idea if that's true but it did work. You wake up smelling like school dinners and with an interesting pattern on your boobs, but they aren't engorged

StealthPolarBear Tue 06-Oct-09 11:37:33

not that I ever needed to use it at night you undertand Just during the day

BertieBotts Tue 06-Oct-09 11:40:22

Yes they should settle down very soon If you are uncomfortable you can express off just enough to get them to change from rock hard Jordan boobs to still-huge-but-soft-and-snuggly boobs grin Don't express more than you need to make yourself comfortable though as this will send the message to make more milk which you don't want

duchesse Tue 06-Oct-09 11:50:47

My baby slept 10:30pm to 7 am (skipped her usual 4 am feed) but I was awake and in agony at 4am. So I got up and expressed enough milk to get comfortable again. Turned out to be 150ml. No wonder I was a little uncomfortable. Ho hum. At least I'm building up stores.

pippa251 Wed 07-Oct-09 08:39:24

thanks for the tips- I'm off to get some cabbage now! TBH I'm still in a little shock that she started to sleep through- I feel like I've got my life back!

Shanster Fri 09-Oct-09 03:04:59

Sleep now!!! My DD slept through the night from 8-14 weeks. Since then she has been up 5 + times a night (she is 9 months old). Take advantage, because it might not last!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now