Talk

Advanced search

Loose motions in older nursling. Is it my colostrum already? Surely not!

(6 Posts)
mawbroon Mon 05-Oct-09 22:25:22

Just a quick one before I go to bed.

DS is almost 4yo and still nurses morning/bedtime.

Today he has had diarrhoea type poos. A bit graphic, but they are brown rather than yellow, they don't have that terrible whiff that tummy bug poos have, he doesn't have a sore tummy or anything, but hasn't been able to get to the toilet on time which hasn't been a problem since he was potty trained at 2.5yo.

I am thinking it could be the egg test he had last monday at the hospital for his allergy (but a week later seems a bit long??), cows' milk also does this to him, but he's been strictly off it for the last wee while.

Or it could be a tummy bug

Or could it be my colostrum already? I am 19wks pg, and for quite a few weeks, I haven't been able to squeeze anything out at all. I know this doesn't mean that there's nothing there, and DS tells me that there's some milk there, but not a lot. He hasn't commented on it changing taste or anything, and I think 19weeks is to early for it to be colostrum.

What do you think? Will check back tomorrow as have to go to bed now.

TIA

MegBusset Mon 05-Oct-09 22:33:50

I have no idea but I love the word 'nursling'

mawbroon Tue 06-Oct-09 09:52:53

I might have our answer. I am feeling rotten today, complete with dodgy tummy.

Our friend next door has all the symptoms of swine flu, so we are wondering if it could be that about to take hold of us too....

maygirl Tue 06-Oct-09 21:28:14

I'm 24 weeks and have had colostrum for a while now. No effect on nursling's motions though!

Hope its not swine flu.

FlamingoBingo Tue 06-Oct-09 21:31:23

Yes, could possibly be colostrum this early - starts at 16w.

mawbroon Tue 06-Oct-09 21:37:41

Spoke to neighbour today, don't think she has swine flu!!

Spoke to ds's granny who said that his cousins, who had a sleepover here at the weekend both have tummy bugs, so I am thinking this is the most likely explanation.

If only I could squeeze something out!!! The colour of it might give me a clue!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now