Talk

Advanced search

Is it possible for babies to hold tommee tippee bottle?

(7 Posts)
Worrier28 Sun 04-Oct-09 16:49:20

Whilst out shopping I saw a baby the same age as mine (6 months) feeding himself with milk - is it now time for them to do it themeselves (would save me a lot of hassle as he is refusing his milk)?

Also are the tommee tippie bottles too wide for babies to hold? Is there some sort of handle adapter? Thanks

Carrie06 Sun 04-Oct-09 17:04:07

definitely but get them to learn how to drink from a cup rather than how to hold a bottle.

MistergodthisisSal Sun 04-Oct-09 17:23:25

Yes, ds could hold his own TT bottles - he held it with both hands, so it being wide didn't matter. Whether or not you should let him do it for himself - well, that's a whole other argument, but thought I'd just answer on the technical side of it.

mamadiva Sun 04-Oct-09 17:24:04

I used these bottles but DS found them quite hard to hold and could'nt find any sort of adapter, but you can get a Cup which is similair to the bottle with a spout instead or I bought the Avent Magic Cups which are coloured and have a removable handle on them and they come with spouts but can be used with a normal teat if baby needs time to adjust to the cup.

jellybeans Sun 04-Oct-09 17:38:16

My 10.5 month old cannot/won't hold them (although he can use a cup very well) but he is also bf so not sure if he is more 'passive' in terms of being milk fed! My older kids were bottle fed and held their own bottles much earlier but we used the thin bottles.

newMNer Sun 04-Oct-09 20:33:58

My 5 month old holds her TT bottle no problem and feeds herself a little - then she just drops it, as babies that age do with everything. She's the same with her sippy cup that has handles.

lynniep Sun 04-Oct-09 20:39:10

My DS held his bottle from about 4 months with both hands. Wasnt a problem. drank the whole thing down. Some of them can, some cant. But I dont think the width of the bottle should be an issue for them. I dont think they really need handles at this point either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now