Talk

Advanced search

Help I cant get her to take water from a bottle/breaker!!!

(2 Posts)
frenchiemum Sun 04-Oct-09 16:41:16

Hi my 5month old dd has been exclusively breastfeed since birth. I wanted to give her some water or milk from a cuo or beaker for when i am away but she wont take it at all i have tried every mark and type. My Husband is not all ways around so it just me. Does any one have any tips.
I also was thinkg of moving to bottle durring the day and breast at night but i geuss this wont happen now sad

TOK Sun 04-Oct-09 18:31:44

My ds was only bf for a few weeks, but it still took ages to get him to take water from a bottle, cup or beaker, even though he was used to the bottle. I think it just takes them a while to get used to the new taste, when all they have had is milk for such a long time.
I would just persevere with it, maybe with a bottle if you're hoping to introduce it during the day. We used Tommee tippee when changing from breast to bottle.
We also found the doidy cup good-although messy to begin with! You can find it easily on internet. Good luck! xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now