Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

sting-y leaky boobs - normal?

(6 Posts)
olivo Sun 04-Oct-09 12:28:10

don't rememebr this with DD1 - keep having momnets where my boobs really sting and then when i look, they are leaking. is this normal? i know its normal to leak (even at 6 weeks?) but the stinging actually hurts.

reassurance please.....

SardineQueen Sun 04-Oct-09 12:31:43

I have a strong let down pain for the first few weeks which feels like a sharp stinging hurty pain - and I leak a lot too...

I think it sounds normal TBH and hopefully your breasts will settle down very soon smile

olivo Sun 04-Oct-09 12:52:21

thanks SQ, hadn't realised it was to do with let down. i do have strong let down - DD usually chokes and has to be taken off and i catch the milk in a muslin for a few seconds before putting her back on.

people must think i'm very odd, as i keep checking down my bra with each sting!

mrsjuan Sun 04-Oct-09 13:14:55

This is exactly what my let down feels like. Very embarrassing when I was sitting in the hairdressers the first time I'd ever really left DD and thinking about her - I felt that familiar stinging sensation, remembered I'd stopped wearing breast pads, looked in the mirror and quickly pulled the towel round me!

olivo Sun 04-Oct-09 14:19:56

grin mrsj.
i am going to have to investigate washable pads as i am getting through loads!
i just can't believe how much it hurts! roll on settling down!

SardineQueen Sun 04-Oct-09 20:05:07

If washable not your cup of tea, I have found the lansinoh ones and the tommee tippee ones to be best at containing things smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now