Talk

Advanced search

HELP! My 10 week old seems to be going off his feeds

(3 Posts)
TheBoosh Sat 03-Oct-09 18:34:42

My 10 week old DS (mixed fed initially and then exclusively bottle fed from 3 weeks) has always been a pretty good eater and has consistently taken 150ml at each feed for the past 4 weeks (he feeds at 8am, 11am, 2pm, 5pm, 8pm and then a dreamfeed around 11 plus may wake once in the night). However, over the past week or so he has varied significantly in the amount he is now taking at each feed and is often only taking around 90-110ml pulling away from the bottle and creating merry hell if you try and give him anymore.

He seems to be fine in himself - still cooing, smiling etc though a little more grizzly in the night this past week. Am I worrying about nothing and providing he is okay I should just go with it?? He weighs 13lb 7oz at his last check Tuesday 29th September so is putting on weight. We've tried extending the time period between feeds to 3.5 / 4 hours but doesn't seem to be making a difference.

Any help / advice before I go back to the doctor (who probably thinks I'm neurotic!!)

tiktok Mon 05-Oct-09 09:49:45

Not sure what the issue is here, TheBoosh, and that may be why there are no replies

Your baby is healthy and active and happy - and he varies in the amount of milk he takes at any one time. Er.....that's not a problem, is it? I think it is normal to be a bit concerned about just about anything, though, when you have had worries before about his feeding (am guessing you have?). This sounds like a call to your HV, rather than a doc's appointment, to be honest.

ick1efeet Tue 06-Oct-09 12:50:47

Hi, my dd went through this at 12 weeks which happened to be the same time as she had her jabs. I put it down to her feeling off colour because of the jabs but it went on for several weeks. Spoke to the HV who said 'maybe she's just levelling out'.

I worried myself sick and then after a few weeks she simply got her appeite back, just like that. She still occasionally only takes 1 or 2 ozs at some feeds but then usually makes up for it later in the day (or night).

So long as your little one is putting on weight and is happy, smiley etc don't worry. I guess they know how much they need and will feed it hungry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now