Talk

Advanced search

Do I need to sterlise pump for 7 month old?

(5 Posts)
thehouseofmirth Fri 02-Oct-09 13:24:51

DS is exc BF but I'm trying to introduce some other foods (much to his bemusement) and I'd like to express some milk to cook with. Only used the pump to donate milk when DS1 was little & obviously had to rigorously hygienic with that but just wondering if I need bother now for DS2 who is almost 8 months?

thehouseofmirth Fri 02-Oct-09 16:44:49

Bump bump

wellbalanced Fri 02-Oct-09 17:01:32

Some do, some don't.. I express twice daily and sometimes just give pump a very hot wash and sterilise once a day.

CharCharGabor Fri 02-Oct-09 17:07:27

I'd only wash it in hot water, breastmilk is antibacterial so not as big a worry imo. I just used cow's milk in cooking at that age, but don't know if you have allergies or intolerances to think about.

thehouseofmirth Fri 02-Oct-09 19:31:28

Considering the vast quantities of sand/dirt/spiders he's directly consuming plus the fact that breast milk doesn't contain the nasty bugs formula potentially does I was kind of thinking the dishwasher would do it but thought I'd better check.

I've got pretty bad eczema so want to avoid cow's milk for a bit longer if possible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now