Talk

Advanced search

Can I boast about DS please?

(17 Posts)
StealthPolarBear Thu 01-Oct-09 16:50:16

DS is 2y4m and most of the time bf to sleep at night.
I've also got a 2wo. Last night as I was feeding DS to sleep DD started crying and DH brought her up for me to feed as well but I asked him just to look after her as I thought DS was almost ready to go to sleep.
Anyway that took a bit longer than I thought and I could hear DD getting more upset. So I asked DS if I could go and feed his sister and he shook his head (bear in mind he's only fed morning and night). I then said "Oh but Alice is hungry and needs me and I'll come back and feed you as soon as she's done". He popped off and lay down without a winge.
I can't believe how lovely he is! I went back up to feed him afterwards but he'd already gone to sleep, and DH had been up to say how proud he was and hold his hand.

GruffaloMama Thu 01-Oct-09 16:54:38

That is so lovely. Congrats on DD! Have gorgoeus mental image of a family of polar bears...

CharCharGabor Thu 01-Oct-09 16:55:18

Aw bless him, that's lovely smile and very encouraging. DD will be 2y7m when DC2 is born and still feeds to sleep. She is slowly improving but 5 nights out of 7 still needs the feed. This brings me hope that we'll manage smile And congratulations, Alice is beautiful!

StealthPolarBear Thu 01-Oct-09 16:59:27

thank you
he's grown up so much!
Although sometimes when i'm feeding her he will sidle up to me and mutter "Ah want mi-mi" menacingly in my ear
Congrats CCG, when are you due?

CharCharGabor Thu 01-Oct-09 17:02:40

lol at 'Ah want mi-mi' grin Clever boy!
Thanks, am due 28th Feb and suddenly realising it's approaching quicker than I thought! I am hoping to tandem feed. I thought DD was weaning last week and she cut down to one feed a day but she's really picked up again this week so hopefully will carry on.

StealthPolarBear Thu 01-Oct-09 17:08:11

ooh you must be about halfway through then!
Tandem feeding so far has been easier than I expected - in fact I am taking full advantage of the fact that DS can relieve any engorgement much better than DD can! I'm an evil mother - use him when it suits me

ladylush Thu 01-Oct-09 17:31:31

Hi Stealth <waves>, glad all is going well. Congrats on your dd smile Your ds sounds sooo lovely smile

CharCharGabor Thu 01-Oct-09 17:34:55

Yeah close, am nearly 18 weeks. I don't think it sounds evil, planning on doing the same with DD in Feb grin Might as well make use of her sometimes, surely after over 2 years feeding we deserve something back grin

Vicki73 Thu 01-Oct-09 17:58:27

Well done you.

StealthPolarBear Thu 01-Oct-09 18:09:04

hi ladylush - your lo must be about 12 weeks now, is that right? how's she doing?

StealthPolarBear Thu 01-Oct-09 18:13:55

and thanks vicki - so proud of him

ladylush Fri 02-Oct-09 09:53:16

Stealth - yes she is 12 weeks on Monday. She is doing great - putting on weight nicely (about 9oz a week now). And I am delighted that she is adept at bf as I was expressing for her for 10 weeks and was told it was unlikely she would take to bf after having ebm for so long.

StealthPolarBear Fri 02-Oct-09 10:18:43

wow that's amazing - well done for expressing for so long (I hate it) and so pleased she is bf well - and she obviously is with that weight gain!

ladylush Fri 02-Oct-09 10:24:45

Yeah expressing for a crying baby is no joke. So glad I don't have to do it now. Though just bought a Medela Swing (didn't realise dd would take to bf so soon and so quickly after I introduced it)so will have to try and get some use out of it.

StealthPolarBear Fri 02-Oct-09 10:28:08

Well surely you might want to express later on anyway for the odd feed? So you'll use it then. I struggled with that though - you need a medal for feeding her on ebm for her first ten weeks - consider one in the post

ladylush Fri 02-Oct-09 10:36:04

lol thanks smile I couldn't not do it. She was prem and formula can be hazardous for prem babies. Plus the more I was told I might not be able to keep it going, the more determined I became winkBut my supply did dwindle at around 10 weeks so as dd was almost 7lbs by then (my target weight before getting bf going - needed her to be a decent weight iyswim)I tried bf and she took to it straight away. The HV said it's hard to keep supply going if solely expressing.

ladylush Fri 02-Oct-09 10:37:03

Yeah - can use it later. Forgot about that blush Sleep deprivation is making me stupid grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now