Talk

Advanced search

Help, Could my milk be drying up?

(6 Posts)
lollyheart Wed 30-Sep-09 20:54:31

Ds is now 12 months old and is having 2 feeds a day, 1 from me in the morning and i express at night as i'm not home at bed time.

I used to be able to get 3 to 4 oz, now i'm lucky if i get onesad is this normal?

He is still keen to bf and so am i.

cfc Wed 30-Sep-09 21:32:51

Get thee to kellymom.com or a doctor for domperidone if nothing else works. It was brill for me after power pumping and other things like fenugreek, putting baby to boob etc as much as poss didn't work.

whomovedmychocolate Wed 30-Sep-09 21:37:44

Is there any reason you can't dreamfeed your DS when you return? In addition to the expressed feed?

It may just be you are under the weather. If you've gone back to work are you too tired?

lollyheart Wed 30-Sep-09 21:40:16

I have just got over mastitis and also my dd has just started school, i'm not used to the early mornings yet.

whomovedmychocolate Wed 30-Sep-09 21:42:19

If you've just got over mastitis this may be causing the lower production - your boobs may be a bit bruised and bashed about. Keep going and it will probably come right in a few weeks

lollyheart Wed 30-Sep-09 21:45:43

Thanks wmmc and cfc.

Ive still got some fenugreek left so will take those aswell.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now