Talk

Advanced search

another poo question for a bf baby - lots of poos is this normal and what could be causing it?

(7 Posts)
cairns Wed 30-Sep-09 19:14:52

I have a 6 wk old DS2 and am exclusively BFg. He seems to poo a lot and I don;t remember this with DS1.

What I mean by a lot is every nappy change during the day (probably at least 7 times) and he wakes during the night and poos (again prob 2-3 poos a night... these are the annoying ones as he is sleeping really well)

Is this normal? I have tried to assess if it is the food I am eating or hind/fore milk balance. He does seem more windy than DS1 too.

He has had a cold, so the poos have been more green in colour, but even when they are yellow they are still the same.

I really want to try and halt the night-time poos if I can as the feed, put back to sleep, 10 mins later poo, change then feed again to settle cycle is driving me nuts at night as means even less sleep.

MintyCane Wed 30-Sep-09 19:19:19

I breast fed all mine and they pooed loads especially when they were very tiny and then it wore off as they got bigger. Second baby pooed two times a night at first. Check with HV though.

NellyTheElephant Wed 30-Sep-09 21:00:34

Both of my DDs pooed every time they fed (shortly after each feed) so I learnt to wait for it. V annoying, especially the night time feeds. It wore off by about 3 months. I don't think there is much you can do about it in the mean time. DS pooed once a day and sometimes every other day - so obviously I worried myself sick about that thinking he should be like the girls and poo at each feed!!

logrrl Wed 30-Sep-09 21:15:45

sounds exactly like DS at that age. As others have said, it will stop (and might start briefly again just when you'd forgotten how annoying it can be!)

cairns Thu 01-Oct-09 09:41:32

thanks for sharing your experiences,I thought it might be more normal than I thought, just can't remember ds1 doing this as much. Will just hope the night time ones settles down soon.

Miggsie Thu 01-Oct-09 09:48:28

DD pooed for England in the begining. I used disposables for a while it was so bad, then it seetled down and I went back to cloth nappies. It used to explode out the sides as well!

Never seemed to bother her, but she was not the one cleaning it up!

londonmackem Thu 01-Oct-09 21:47:12

My daughter is 9 weeks and exclusively breastfed. I have only had 2 'wet nappies' there is poo every time but as she seems happy and is putting on lots of weight I am not worried.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now