Talk

Advanced search

Lansinoh, does it go off??

(5 Posts)
WindUpBird Wed 30-Sep-09 11:34:00

Hi,
Does anyone know if Lansinoh goes off? I used the tube 16 months ago but the stamp on the side says it is in date?
Reason I am asking is because friend has a newborn and very painful nipples! Ihave checked all local chemists and none stock lansinoh. Is it ok to give her a used tube (as long as i tell her!) or not really??

MiaMamma Wed 30-Sep-09 12:02:16

The way I understand it you shouldn't be using it 12months after opening (the little jar image on the tube with 12m in it). Not sure if it means it actually gone off then.. Hope someone smarter comes along soon!

caughtintheact Wed 30-Sep-09 12:10:34

I used my tube opened during bf dc1 when I had dc2 - they are 2.9 yrs apart blush.

I didn't notice it being 'off' and my nipples didn't fall off or anything!

katechristie Wed 30-Sep-09 12:12:09

not sure I'd use it, but I don't know if ok or not - however, I always got mine on prescription, so can your friend ask the HV to sort a PX with the GP? - all chemists can order this in quite easily - should only take a day or two.

WindUpBird Wed 30-Sep-09 17:09:58

Thanks for the replies, I've given the cream to my friend and explained so up to her whether she waits till she can get a new tube.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now