Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant while BF?

(9 Posts)
KEAWYED Tue 29-Sep-09 20:48:57

I tried this in the conception thread but to no avail.

Have many people got pregnant while BF and did they have a period before.

I've not had a period yet but would like to try for DC4.

DS3 is 20 weeks.

Just wondering what the odds are

thanks

Gmakes3 Tue 29-Sep-09 20:54:03

Got pregnat when DD was 11 months old and was still feeding loads.
Also got pregnant when DD was 22 months but was only feeding couple of times a day. Was having periods though both times. Good luck

KEAWYED Tue 29-Sep-09 20:56:06

Thanks.

I got pregnant with DS3 after MC and had had no period wondering if I could get lucky twice.

I'm so impatient thats my problem

BikeRunSki Tue 29-Sep-09 20:56:10

Friend of mine did. DS was 3 months old, don't think periods had returned. She recommends blames white wine and Christmas.

PacificDogwood Tue 29-Sep-09 20:57:57

I conceived 1 week after stopping BFing DS1, he was 5 months old, periods had not returned.
Good luck to you!

KEAWYED Tue 29-Sep-09 20:59:39

I'll bare that in mind I'll get the legs shaved and booze in and see how it goes haha

mammychildminder Tue 29-Sep-09 21:04:56

i heard that you are the most fertile in the 1st couple of months after having baby whether bf/having periods or not. think thats why hospital and midwives give you loads of free contraception

mawbroon Tue 29-Sep-09 21:09:13

Do you know how to spot the signs of ovulation?

Without wanting to state the obvious, you're not going to get pregnant until you start ovulating.

There is no definitive answer about what your odds are. Everyone is different. Some people can be exclusively feeding day and night and can catch the first egg. Others cannot conceive until they have fed their last drop of milk.

And lots are somewhere in between!

Good luck

KEAWYED Wed 30-Sep-09 17:34:58

My last period was 2nd June 2008 and must have caught when ovulating straight after MC.

All my children have birthdays at similar dates

9th 12th and 13th

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now