Talk

Advanced search

BF 5 month old DD - 8 days since last poo, should I be worried?

(4 Posts)
littleduck Mon 28-Sep-09 22:25:06

Since DD was a couple of months old she has normally gone around 3-4 days between poos and I think the longest stretch was 6 days after which we had a bit of an explosion!

She seems very happy and is smiling and playing just the same as usual so clearly not distressed or uncomfortable; think I read somewhere that it is only a cause for concern if BF babies get to 10 days without a poo but I am sure someone out there will know if that is right or not.

Am thinking of calling in Dynorod if she hasn't gone by tomorrow morning!!!

greensnail Mon 28-Sep-09 22:28:08

dd once went 10 days without pooing. Didn't cause her any problems, and it was fine once she went.

foxytocin Mon 28-Sep-09 22:29:50

no need to worry. when she starts to break lots of stinky wind, put her in a laundry bag tied under the armpits to contain the coming explosion though.

hose down in the garden after ward.

Iggi999 Mon 28-Sep-09 22:29:53

Long time ago, but pretty sure 11 days was our biggest amount of time. Never knew anyone else with such a retentive DC, but apparently quite common! Just dress her up in her best clothes, go somewhere posh and miles away from a loo, and I can bet what will happen!
I'm (obv) not an expert but I'm pretty sure there's nowt to worry about. Maybe phone HV if you are still concerned tomorrow?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now