Talk

Advanced search

4 week old DS feeding every 1.5 hours HELP

(9 Posts)
bratnav Sun 27-Sep-09 17:19:20

What should I do if anything?

He is having a good 20 min bf every hour and a half. Not necessarily going to sleep after, not much wind either. Would I be better trying to feed both sides at once? This has been going on for 4-5 days so not a growth spurt.

He is a big boy, born 9lb 12oz, back to birth weight within 2 weeks, has gained a pound a week so far.

The frequent feeding is wiping me out a bit so any advice appreciated

bratnav Sun 27-Sep-09 18:25:56

Bump

LeninGrad Sun 27-Sep-09 18:29:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bratnav Sun 27-Sep-09 19:08:30

Thanks Leningrad.

Am I right that after 20 ish minutes each breast is pretty much empty?

fruitshootsandleaves Sun 27-Sep-09 19:12:36

Hey bratnav, I think this is pretty normal. Congratulationssmile They feed and feed and feed to get your supply up.

bratnav Sun 27-Sep-09 19:19:22

It's just that until 4-5 days ago he was feeding every 3 hours, it's more the change in routine that has thrown me.

foxytocin Sun 27-Sep-09 19:22:55

yes after about 20 mins when he comes off one side, offer the other. if he wants it, he'll take it. if he doesn't want it, no probs. he knows what he is doing and so does your body. just roll with it.

Patchybob Sun 27-Sep-09 20:30:36

Hi, pretty normal at this stage I think. My DS did this for what seemed like forever. It does help to get your supply up and cope with the demand. My ds is 11 weeks now and he has settled right down so it doesn't last forever...good luck!

bratnav Sun 27-Sep-09 22:28:43

Thanks all. Will go with it and try offering both sides per feed and see what happens.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now