Talk

Advanced search

could this be Aunt Flo?

(9 Posts)
yentil Sat 26-Sep-09 15:00:06

i thought you didn't get periods if breatfeeding? I just had a csection 4 and a bit weeks ago. haven't bled for over a week and today have the signs of od the start of my period (light pink / reddish discharge) sould this be the start or is this just more lochia?

I am exclusively breastfeeding.

OmicronPersei8 Sat 26-Sep-09 15:10:12

I don't know if you're getting a period or more lochia, but you can have periods while breastfeeding, they come back at different times for different people, some get theirs after 6 months, others 6 weeks. I was got mine back while breastfeeding both times (e.g. at 8 months and bf til 18 months), I know friends who've got theirs much earlier.

MrsBadger Sat 26-Sep-09 15:44:53

I had similar 6wks post-birth and thought it was period arriving

however no more showed up for 18m, when I stopped feeding dd altogether

so basically wait another 4wks and see if you have another one

but my bet is it's not

peppapighastakenovermylife Sat 26-Sep-09 16:06:32

I had similar - was sure it was a period at about 5 weeks. Lochia had stopped a couple of weeks ago and everything about it seemed period like. However I then didnt have anything til 9 months ish.

LIZS Sat 26-Sep-09 16:07:48

yup, sorry. I had had one by my 6 week check and another about 3 weeks later.

yentil Sat 26-Sep-09 17:31:38

I am having that 'period' starting feeling. Could this affect my milk supply or indicate that my supply is low?
I have noticed that I hardly leak like I did in first couple of weeks. But babies mouth full if milk when she pulls away!? DD is just over 4 weeks BTW. Lots of wet/soiled nappies.

JumeirahJane Sat 26-Sep-09 17:51:14

AF was back at 3 months for me, I think because DD was sleeping through then (see here), though she then starting waking in the night for feeds and cycle went awry again. Don't forget about the contraception now, ladies! wink

JumeirahJane Sat 26-Sep-09 17:54:20

Actually, OP, I just saw that you had a CS, in that case I'd prob ask the doc just in case it's something to do with that. Hope it's all ok.

ActivityApple Sat 26-Sep-09 17:57:53

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now