Talk

Advanced search

Random question about when your milk squirts out

(8 Posts)
suwoo Fri 25-Sep-09 18:08:32

Just wondering, those of you that express, how many 'holes' squirt out milk? blush grin

The reason I ask is that DS2 is gaining slowly and I am overanalysing again. I have had a breast reduction and wondered if this could be a factor.

My left nipple, DS's least prefered one only squirts out of two places whereas the right one squirts out of 6 or more.

<<too much time on hands>>

llareggub Fri 25-Sep-09 18:10:05

My squirts are more like your left nipple from what I can see. The amount you can express isn't a good indicator of how much milk your baby is getting though is it?

Picante Fri 25-Sep-09 18:11:02

I've only got one or two big 'squirters' on each one and I've got masses of milk, so I don't think they're connected.

suwoo Fri 25-Sep-09 18:12:29

I know that pumping isn't a good indication, I just wondered if it meant anything? grin at 'squirters'.

llareggub Fri 25-Sep-09 18:14:23

When I use my medela swing pump I get a few squirts, but when I hand express I just get one. So it is probably more likely to be the effectiveness (or not) of the pump.

HeadFairy Fri 25-Sep-09 18:14:48

I've always had much more holes in my left nipple.. this was always the one that hurt most too. Last time I was pg I went skiing at 15 weeks and my left boob was agony, this time again, if I get cold it's old leftie that hurts most, and when I used to express that was certainly the one that appeared to have more holes. Let down was more painful that side too. Maybe we're all just a bit wonky.

mrsjuan Fri 25-Sep-09 18:17:29

At the start if the expressing both boobs seem to have at least 6 squirters, then quite quickly the ones on the left side die down to 2 or 3. There seems to be 1 geyser like one on each side that continues long after the others have gone. I always get more out of the right side - sometimes as much as double.
Right was always DD's favourite side when she deigned to feed from me so I always wonder if she preferred that side because the supply was better or whether the supply was better because she preferred that side! (obviously not just you who over analyses suwoo!)

suwoo Fri 25-Sep-09 18:39:06

Mrsjuan, I'm glad I'm not alone and in fact everyone on this thread has obviously taken note of these things at one time or another grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now