Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

milk squirting out on its own

(7 Posts)
hairband Fri 25-Sep-09 14:55:04

when baby latches on - goes everywhere for 30sec or so babe pulls off crying

is this called fast let down (if so will do tips that are on kellymom)

thanks sorry one handed typing

tiktok Fri 25-Sep-09 14:58:04

can be normal, and is certainly not uncommon, hairband....if baby is affected though, yes, do usual tips

hairband Fri 25-Sep-09 15:02:39

baby chokes, brings up milk and cries unless held upright ?reflux .. got worse sincr this squirting started..

thanks tik tok

norktasticninja Fri 25-Sep-09 15:05:02

I had this with DD, it's well worth getting some breast shells to collect what you're leaking from your other breast at let down. IME it can add up to a decent amount over the course of a day.

It probably will stop happening at some point smile

thisisyesterday Fri 25-Sep-09 15:05:50

yes sounds like fast let-down. i'd def follow tips on kellymom
baby is unable to cope with the flow by the sounds of it, not reflux. i used to have the same thing and had to hand express a bit off to start with until it was a bit more manageable

norktasticninja Fri 25-Sep-09 15:06:00

Sorry, x posts. I'm afraid I have no idea about (potential) reflux.

crumpet Fri 25-Sep-09 15:11:54

I had this too - I used to express a little until it had calmed a bit, to avoid choking the baby - it wasn't refulx for either of mine, but an inability to swallow fast enough when the flow was so strong. (BTW a friend was about to bf on a flight and managed a direct hit onto her fellow passenger - a complete stranger. Was at the beginning of the flight too)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now