Talk

Advanced search

Best beaker for bottle fed baby

(7 Posts)
shish Fri 25-Sep-09 13:52:38

I want my bottle fed baby to take water from a beaker rather than a bottle so that he learns how to drink from something other than the bottle. He is 6 months today.

I have been giving him some water in the basic tommee tippee beaker with the flip spout but he seems to just chew on it most of the time and get soaking wet! Ds1 was breast fed and took this beaker very well, although I think it took a while. I keep being told not to use anti-spill beakers as that's just like a bottle.

Does tiktok or any experienced mums have any advice?

gnatbite Fri 25-Sep-09 21:22:58

My DD was breastfed but could not take to a cup at all. I found this was quite a good transitional cup a it is soft but has the spout like other sippy cups.....

Nuk Cup

McDreamy Fri 25-Sep-09 21:24:52

DD uses the same cup as gnatbite recommends, in green grin she manages it very well.

shish Sat 26-Sep-09 16:14:11

Thank you. I have one of these that ds1 had tried. I will try it on ds2, although he did manage a couple of sips from the tommee tippee one yesterday.

Montifer Sat 26-Sep-09 21:07:50

Doidy cups are good, although LO obviously can't use it independently for a while, unless they've got super motor skills!

DS managed a Tommee Tippee cup without help when we offered it at around 7 months

GirlsAreLOud Sat 26-Sep-09 21:59:58

DD was mixed fed and ussed a doidy cup for water from about 4mo.

She's 13mo now and I don't let her hold it herself as it does go everywhere, but she drinsk very well from it.

She was given water at toddler group in a sippy cup this week and didn't have a clue how to drink from it though! Had to take the lid off for her!

shish Sun 27-Sep-09 13:01:49

Monifer that's exactly the cup I've been using. I guess it will just take a while

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now