Talk

Advanced search

Storage bags/storage for expressed BM?

(7 Posts)
usernametaken Thu 24-Sep-09 21:56:53

Where can I buy storage bags for the excess breastmilk I have? I am reluctant to bin it so need a way of storing it. I have a feeling I will need a lot of storage space!

Is there another way of storing the milk?

Many thanks!

IwishIwasmoreorganised Thu 24-Sep-09 22:05:07

Boots or maybe your local chemist.

Have you thought about donating it? Have a look here

Mummy369 Thu 24-Sep-09 22:30:50

Boots definitely do their own brand freezer storage bags; Avent used to (you may find an old pack or 2 in an independant chemist or Spar shop) but have now switched to the VIA system which is a set of containers and lids compatible with their hand and electric pumps.

Good link above for donating milk. Know there is a milk bank in Birmingham and also London - not sure where else in the country.

londonmackem Thu 24-Sep-09 22:32:21

You can get Lansinoh bags from mothercare £4.99 for 25 but I noticed you can 40 in TESCO for £4.88

Mummy369 Thu 24-Sep-09 22:36:16

That's a good price - 2 years ago Boots brand were £6.99 for 40

JetLi Fri 25-Sep-09 09:37:02

I believe the deep freeze time is 6 months so you could build up a stash! The bags are freezer proof and I use the Medela bags as they attach directly to my Medela pump so I pump straight into the bags and it saves on washing up. I got mine from Mothercare. Ebay is another source and expressyourselfmums is a very good website for expressing/breastfeeding paraphenalia, spares, Lansinoh etc. smile

Rhian82 Fri 25-Sep-09 13:44:55

I liked Boots own brand bags.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now