Talk

Advanced search

Painfull boobs with yellow puss coming out.

(6 Posts)
lollyheart Wed 23-Sep-09 20:04:10

Ds2 is now 12 months and has started to sleep through the night (sometimes) so missing his morning feed, i express at night as i am at work when he goes to bed.

Today i woke up with sore lumpy breasts, so i tried to express, one of the ducts has thick yellow puss coming out, what is it?
Can i still feed from it?

sarah293 Wed 23-Sep-09 20:05:41

Message withdrawn

lollyheart Wed 23-Sep-09 20:11:26

Thanks Riven

Ive had mastitis well ive lost count how many times ive had it, the area is not red and i have never had the yellow stuff before.

lollyheart Wed 23-Sep-09 20:18:07

Bump

kaballie Wed 23-Sep-09 20:32:31

Yes, you can still feed. It may hurt! Try and squeeze the pus out to get rid of the infection. The feeding will help get rid of the infection as well, baby's tum will kill off the infection. If you start to feel poorly see your doc, you might need anit biotics. I had this recurrenlty until 6 months. Never took the anti biotics though, it always cleared through a couple of days of horrible painful feeding. Good luck!

Mummy369 Thu 24-Sep-09 00:09:45

Hi lollyheart,

I would definitely see the GP - you may have the start of an abscess sad, especially if you can feel sore lumpy areas within the breast. You CAN continue breastfeeding, though baby may not like the taste, and of course if baby is getting just pus and no milk... may well not be satisfied at the end of a feed on that side.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now