Talk

Advanced search

BF 6 wk old just did an ENORMOUS poo, She filled her entire nappy from front to back....

(21 Posts)
HeinzSight Wed 23-Sep-09 13:29:27

she has got a cold, could this account for it? She also, unusually, didn't do a poo yesterday.

ShowOfHandsInEpistolaryForm Wed 23-Sep-09 13:30:48

Charming isn't it?

Normal, especially with a cold and bfed babies do like to save it up for a couple of days sometimes.

goingtohaveagoodnightssleep Wed 23-Sep-09 13:30:57

Two of my babies only pooed every few days and sometimes they would do mega huge poos! Very normal.

TheOldestCat Wed 23-Sep-09 13:31:13

DD did these too; they are all part of the fun.

I think the extra mucus from her cold and the fact she didn't go yesterday all added to the volume. Hope she gets over her cold quickly.

notnowbernard Wed 23-Sep-09 13:31:21

Both mine used to do this (both were bf as well)

Fun, isn't it? hmm

DD2 carried on 'filling from front to back' until she potty-trained...

Very normal, IMO smile

HeinzSight Wed 23-Sep-09 13:32:43

thank you lovely ladies, that's reassuring smile

Skillbo Wed 23-Sep-09 22:48:26

My little DD once went a long time without a poo (almost 10 days, I think) and I had three 'front to back' nappies in an hour...

Gruesome but normal - I hope xx

cece Wed 23-Sep-09 22:51:36

DS2 used to do two or three a day like that at that age! grin He is 4 months now and does one like that every two or three days now. He is quite famous for his poos in our house. smile

VoluptuaGoodshag Wed 23-Sep-09 22:53:33

Ah the memories. Get used to it, she's a growing lass and the bigger they are, the bigger they poo, especially until they are weaned and it solidifies a bit.

I remember DD at 4 months hadn't pooed for a couple of days. We knew it was imminent and lordy did she let go on New Years Day whilst visiting family. After hosing her down and changing her completely, she did it again. Bless 'er!

TheCrackFox Wed 23-Sep-09 23:00:26

My DS2 used to have massive explosions. He used to have crap shoot out of his nappy and all up his back. Lovely. Just lovely.

EsmeWeatherwax Wed 23-Sep-09 23:30:07

This very evening my 5 mo bf dd2 produced a nappy that left me wiping poo out of her armpits. About five seconds after I had got her ready for bed with her nice clean babygro on. Happens all the time!

shonaspurtle Wed 23-Sep-09 23:33:53

My friends niece did this to her on a train. After they'd mopped the baby and my friend down the best they could she did it again. Also on my friend.

Of course the baby had a change of clothes..

I believe this may have contributed to said friend being child free wink

Knickers0nmahead Wed 23-Sep-09 23:35:17

Very normal.

In fact, dd did one yesterday. All over her, car seat, my dad. I didn't put her a popper vest on either blush

scroobiuspirate Wed 23-Sep-09 23:37:23

it's when it goes right up their back into the hairline that you get a tad hmm!!

TAFKAtheUrbanDryad Wed 23-Sep-09 23:37:37

IME, it's not the volume, per se, but the velocity, which makes for the whole "up the back" experience.

Ds wasn't so bad for it (although we are currently potty training and he did 2 perfectly formed turds on the carpet today angry) but dd is a master of the speed-poo. She did one in the bath when she was 4 weeks old. You know when you're looking down on one of those spa baths, and someone switches the bubbles on, and the water kind of...jets. Yeah. Like that. But with mustard yellow poo.

Bless her. hmm Who says motherhood isn't glamourous?

RustyBear Wed 23-Sep-09 23:43:10

DS once did this at Gatwick airport - I scooped him up & made a dash for the nearest loo & started trying to clean him (and me) up only to have the cleaner come over and say 'You can't do that here - the baby changing room is over the other side'

I pointed out that if I took my still-dripping DS over to the baby changing room, she'd have to follow us all the way with her mop, cleaning up our trail, and she wandered off muttering....

I had a change of clothes for DS, but I'd already checked in our luggage, so I had to do the best I could for my jeans with wet paper towels & the hand dryer - but I did get an empty seat next to me on the flight to France grin

rachels103 Thu 24-Sep-09 20:59:39

I turned my back on ds for a few seconds on the changing mat t'other day and he did the most spectacular one that he was merrily rubbing his feet in, 20mins before we needed to set off to take ds1 to pre-school. Hurrah!

He hadn't been for 2 days, and hasn't again so I'll be waiting for the onslaught tomorrow. The joys.grin

Love the idea of wiping poo from armpits!

comewhinewithme Thu 24-Sep-09 21:07:58

Happens all the time here too dd is 4 months she does the most amazing farts too.

Congratulations Heinz BTW glad Bf is going ok I remember chatting with you before you had dd about BF realy really pleased for you.

JetLi Fri 25-Sep-09 15:36:39

DD did a cracker last week, resulting in lashings of poo on the vest, jeans, t-shirt, socks, blanket and carseat. She just sat smiling, covered in poo - I guess better out than in hmm

TheProvincialLady Fri 25-Sep-09 15:46:07

TBH I am just astonished it took her 6 weeks to do it to you. Get used to it, this is your life from now ongrin

HeinzSight Fri 25-Sep-09 20:49:10

grin at some of these posts

thanks comewhine smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now