Talk

Advanced search

We've spent weeks researching and testing breast pumps and bottles in real homes with real families. Read our baby feeding bottle and breast pump reviews to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

I have recurring blocked ducts due to sleepy snacking baby

(4 Posts)
Cowwomanmoo Mon 21-Sep-09 01:19:05

I came on mumsnet to find out about this and saw recent thread about blocked ducts and realised this is part of the problem
He started this from the moment I started feeding him, he?s cracking wee soul and delightfully tempered baby, unlike his older sibling was.
However I keep getting recurring blocked ducts due to falling asleep during feeds, (Taking bloody ages for one and becoming farty as consequences of possibly not enough hind milk)
I have tried everything the midwifes then HV recommended, skin to skin, blowing on his face, wet flannel, tickling (They did a lot of that in the postnatal ward) Nappy change, sort of getting a one-man band costume and playing that during breastfeeds.
How do I keep him awake so as not to keep breaking mummy?s tits and driving her nuts haveing a broken 3-hour feed, (One feed slides into another)
Help..

Cowwomanmoo Mon 21-Sep-09 12:28:59

Falling asleep at feeds bump

PortAndLemon Mon 21-Sep-09 12:48:20

How old is he?

Cowwomanmoo Mon 21-Sep-09 14:09:22

10 weeks.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: