Talk

Advanced search

Back to work and still BFing

(6 Posts)
pondhopperjen Sat 19-Sep-09 22:01:58

Wondering what advice everyone might have for this... DS is 9.5 months and my maternity allowance has ended, so I really need to go back to work. Long story short, last role was contract and I have no job to go back to. I started my job search in May and have just gotten an offer for two weeks freelance starting Monday, which I've agreed to take.

I'm still nursing DS and will need to express once during the day with my Freestyle. (I'll nurse DS morning and night at home.) I feel really uncomfortable asking for a place to express when I'll only be with this employer for two weeks and have no relationship with them. BUT Mamas and Papas flagship store on Regent Street is right around the corner. Do you think M&P would have a problem if I used their nursing room on my lunch hour for the two weeks I'm with this company? Should I just do it? Should I ask the manager? Feeling like this could be a good solution but it would be great to get other mums thoughts on this idea.

PS, I do think I've spent at least £2k at Mamas and Papas after furniture, buggies, carseats and clothes!

mumblecrumble Sat 19-Sep-09 22:11:06

Chancs are you emplyer will be cool about it. And mams and papas...

Well done to you. I couldn;t express and ended up giving some formular and even then I was able to feed dd all the time when off work and at least 3 times on work days.

Good luck dude!!! ANd buy a good freezer bag!

SofaKingSpecial Sun 20-Sep-09 07:09:33

Is there a John Lewis near you?

I've used their nursing room to express when on shopping trips on my own.

pondhopperjen Sun 20-Sep-09 22:19:19

There is a John Lewis a little farther away... maybe if I alternate M&P and JL, they won't notice I'm in there everyday! :-)

brettgirl2 Sun 20-Sep-09 22:27:24

If it was me I would say nothing to the agency.

I would wait to be sent and then explain when you arrive. After all - why on earth should it be a problem???

brettgirl2 Sun 20-Sep-09 22:28:43

Wrong thread blush

But sure it will be fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now