Talk

Advanced search

Mastitis?

(3 Posts)
MuffinTopMamma Thu 17-Sep-09 19:14:06

Hi. DD is 3 weeks old today and I have got an infection in my C-section wound so taking flucloxacillin. On top of this, I've got a terribly sore left breast/armpit with some redness on the skin. I've had a fever/aches/etc but assumed this was because of the wound infection, but think that perhaps now it is mastitis. The breast is quite hard and really painful when I get the initial letdown (I've been in tears). I've been massaging and favouring this breast when feeding, but the hardness isn't going away. Is this mastitis? Any advice on how to make this go away much appreciated - I've been doing everything I thought I should but can't seem the shift the hardness.

tiktok Thu 17-Sep-09 19:34:48

Sounds like mastitis, muffin, and to be honest, I think you need medical advice on this...you are still statutorily under midwifery care, so you could call the midwives or the postnatal unit and ask them about this, or even call a doc. I mean tonight, in fact, not tomorrow.

Untreated mastitis that's not shifting with simple measures can get very nasty quite quickly - no need to risk this. Get on the phone!

MuffinTopMamma Thu 17-Sep-09 20:08:05

thanks tiktok (again)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now