Talk

Advanced search

Can you give a 4 month old baby milk from a feeder cup?

(7 Posts)
Rosebud05 Wed 16-Sep-09 22:09:28

This might be a stupid question, but here goes. My bf-ed ds (3.5 months) is not great with a bottle (fusses, takes in air, gets wind, cries, refuses bottle). A few times I've taken the teat bit off and given him the milk from the open top of the bottle, which he seems fine with. I've also tried one of those first stage Tommee Tippee ohes which has been more successful than a bottle.
Is this okay?

Rosebud05 Wed 16-Sep-09 22:10:45

P.S. This is only a 'now and then' thing - a couple of times a week.

cassell Wed 16-Sep-09 22:15:31

I can't see any reason why not - as long as he is taking the milk that is the main thing smile and it will save you weaning him off a bottle on to a cup in due course!

hanaflowerhatestheDM Wed 16-Sep-09 22:16:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BertieBotts Thu 17-Sep-09 10:41:43

Yes, it's fine The only problem being it won't fit in all sterilisers - but then some people say you don't need to sterilise at all if you wash things properly. I haven't bothered sterilising when I have given expressed milk because I just put it into the bottle immediately before feeding it.

Rosebud05 Thu 17-Sep-09 12:54:12

Thanks, ladies. I've heard of doidy cups and will do some research.

CMOTdibbler Thu 17-Sep-09 12:59:21

It's no problem at all, and if you are breastfeeding, can interfere with that much less.

Doidy cups are really good for this as they are easier to drink from, and last. DS still likes a Doidy at 3, even though he is perfectly capable of drinking from normal glasses

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now