Talk

Advanced search

Help me stop DS2 biting me before I do something I regret with a tin of formula

(9 Posts)
WhatFreshHellIsThis Wed 16-Sep-09 19:15:00

DS2 is nearly six months, bf, and TEETHING!

He has been biting me at the end of feeds on and off for about two weeks and I am at the end of my tether.

It started before the teeth came through, which wasn't so bad, but he now has two razor sharp little fangs on the bottom, and is cutting a new one shortly, and apparently my nipple is by far the best chew toy.

I shout very loudly when he does it, which startles him, but he doesn't seem particularly upset by me shouting. I always take him off when he does it, but as he normally does it at the end of a feed, he doesn't really give a monkeys about that. If I'm very alert I can get him off before he does it, but it's hard to monitor the feed and deal with DS1 etc etc at the same time.

Any tips on how to stop Gnasher before I put him on the bottle? I have a demanding DS1 and an absent DP (away on business 90% of the time) so am feeling a bit worn down, and this is starting to really get to me. sad

WhatFreshHellIsThis Wed 16-Sep-09 19:40:10

bump

dinkystinky Wed 16-Sep-09 19:42:30

It helped putting teething gel on DS1's gums before a feed so the itching was down and he wouldnt bite during the feed - sadly not working with his 7 month old little brother though.

hambo Wed 16-Sep-09 19:45:28

This happened to me too - all I can say is it passed, and now he doesn't do it....(crosses fingers)

Best of luck

WhatFreshHellIsThis Wed 16-Sep-09 21:19:11

Sorry not to respond sooner, have been up and down the stairs 400 times trying to settle the Teething Demon <<sigh>>

I'll try the teething gel thing, that's a good tip.

oh god he's awake again

logrrl Thu 17-Sep-09 11:48:58

kellymom has some good tips! (as always)

jeee Thu 17-Sep-09 11:56:17

Someone once told me you should push their face into your breast - but I don't know whether this works or not, because I gave up at this point.

ManicMother7777 Thu 17-Sep-09 12:34:19

LOL @ fangs/gnasher!

WhatFreshHellIsThis Thu 17-Sep-09 12:56:39

thanks logrrl - have looked at kellymom, you're right, there's some good tips on there.

He managed to have two feeds today with no biting....yay! He might escape the bottle yet. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now