Talk

Advanced search

breastpads, which ones are best?

(14 Posts)
Ladyem Tue 15-Sep-09 16:16:35

Ok, this might sound trivial, but these breastpads are driving me mad!! angry

I'm currently using Tommee Tippee closer to nature disposable pads but they make me itch and the edges scratch me. I really need them, though, or else I'd be leaking through to my clothes. I've also tried boots and Mothercare pads (the thin ones as I find the thicker ones show through my clothes), but they seem even more itchy. I have some washable pads also, but these rub my nipples and make them sore hmm so it seems I can't win!

Has anyone found any pads that are comfortable and don't show through their clothes?

Thanks!

Bucharest Tue 15-Sep-09 16:17:58

I used Avent washables. More economical and v comfy.

Jane2Star Tue 15-Sep-09 16:33:12

I used the washables too and they were great, comfy and non-itchy.

Ladyem Tue 15-Sep-09 16:52:14

Thanks Ladies! I'll go and investigate washables tomorrow!! I've got boots washables, but they show through your clothes if you are wearing a close fitting top. Do you find that they are absorbent enough? I'm worried about having two circles of milk on my top!! blush

purplepansy Tue 15-Sep-09 17:21:15

Johnson and johnson were the only ones that I didn't find scratchy at the edges. Never found washable ones absorbent enough or shaped enough.

deliakate Tue 15-Sep-09 18:38:08

IMHO washables are a pita. I like to change mine regularly, so I use the Lansinoh ones.

DogAgain Tue 15-Sep-09 18:39:46

Message withdrawn

mcflumpy Tue 15-Sep-09 19:26:12

i found washables better than disposables after 10 weeks using disposables and being uncomfortable! Don't know why I didn't try them in the first place....

Caro1302 Tue 15-Sep-09 20:18:09

Which washables does everyone recommend? I hate my Mothercare ones because they look really obvious under clothes. I stupidly went into work last week without wearing pads, telling myself I'd be ok for a couple of hours but my boss told me I was leaking blush

wellbalanced Wed 16-Sep-09 21:30:00

Ive used them all! Got to be LANSINOH for me, I have boots washables and can see them massively throu tops.
In early days every pad i used leaked where as now 5mth on use Lansinoh in day and cheapies in bed.

Catilla Wed 16-Sep-09 21:36:23

Lansinoh disposables! Washables nice if leaking not too bad, but all visible through tops. Lansinoh contain gel like nappies, so last for ages, so cost/environment impact not as bad as other disposables.

LargeGlassofRed Wed 16-Sep-09 21:38:49

I like johnsons the best, have also tried most.

cece Wed 16-Sep-09 21:41:51

I was going to come on here and suggest the Tommee Tippee ones, by far the best I have tried, but I can see you don't like them!

Ladyem Thu 17-Sep-09 00:02:40

Thanks for all the responses, Ladies!

Seems like it is personal preference on these things! Think I might give the Lansinoh ones a try (if they are half as good as the cream, then they will be fab!!). I had a free sample of them in the bounty pack, but used them without taking too much notice!! If they are comfy I can use them in the day and my washables at night.

Thanks again!! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now