Talk

Advanced search

when will my periods come back?

(15 Posts)
Funbags Tue 15-Sep-09 00:47:03

With dd it happened exactly 4 weeks after starting to wean to solids (dd was 21 wks when I started to wean). DS is 31 wks and I started to wean him at 26 weeks, no sign of period yet. Did anyone else have a big difference in the time that it took for periods to come back?

Hulla Tue 15-Sep-09 08:12:39

I'd be interested in seeing what people say to this Funbags. My DD is almost 8 months and there is still no sign of mine. I thought it was when you had a good gap between feeds? DD now goes from about 8pm - 3am before her first night feed so I thought mine might have reappeared.

Not that I'm in any hurry to have them back...smile

4andnotout Tue 15-Sep-09 08:13:58

DD4 is one next month and still not even a hint of a period here hmm

FaintlyMacabre Tue 15-Sep-09 08:18:30

Mine started at 19 months. But DS feeds a lot, including overnight.
They restarted after night-weaning- admittedly he is now back to feeding at night as much as ever, but it was obviously the kick-start my ovaries needed!

sybilfaulty Tue 15-Sep-09 08:22:11

I haven't had a period since 2006! With DD1 they came back after about 10 months, but with DD2 they did not come back and I got pg when she was 13 months. DS is now 9 months and no sign, but he is a milky boy so it might be a while.

If you are not looking to become pg, make sure you take the necessary evasive action wink. I would never have believed I could get pg without a period or ovulation signs, but DS is the proof. He is fabby of course but an unplanned treat.

WoTmania Tue 15-Sep-09 08:57:33

I think it just depends on you and your baby.
With DS1 I would have had my first when he was 9.5 months if I'd had one (but I was pregnant with DS2) with DS2 he would have been 12.5 months if I'd had one (but guess what i was pregnant with DD grin)
DD is nearly 7 months and I'm hoping I've got at least another 5-6 months of n periods as DH says no more.
It'll be 5 years by then

cyteen Tue 15-Sep-09 09:46:26

Mine started the day before DS turned 1. He's pretty much down to feeding first thing and last thing.

mum2JRC Tue 15-Sep-09 13:11:10

1st Ds was not exclusively BF so back after 3 months or so.

I've just had my 1st PPAF and my son is 6 months. He's exclusively BF but has started only waking mainly once in the night.
I thought it was on its way as I'd been showing some real ovulation signs for the last month.

Fingers crossed it stays away a little longer for you smile

DitaVonCheese Tue 15-Sep-09 23:08:05

Eleven months here - I still don't get a full night's sleep though hmm

BunnyLebowski Tue 15-Sep-09 23:10:46

DD is 11 and a half months and mine came back for the first time last Friday.

I'd forgotten how rotten they make you feel sad

gingerbunny Tue 15-Sep-09 23:21:30

me too Bunny Lebowski afer 10 months sad, it did not give me the friday feeling!
with ds1 it was almost a year.

jellybeans Tue 15-Sep-09 23:26:19

3 months for me and I was excl bf every 2 hours but DS was starting to sleep 5 hours at night.

thesecondcoming Wed 16-Sep-09 00:03:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

4andnotout Fri 18-Sep-09 23:53:01

Typically after posting on this thread my period came back yesterday, I too had forgotten how painful and lanky they are.

Funbags Sat 03-Oct-09 13:06:57

thanks, lets hope it stays away, though have been all crampy for 2 weeks now, sorry for not getting back sooner been away and had no wifi....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now