Talk

Advanced search

stinky cold affecting milk supply. any advice?

(8 Posts)
alibobble Mon 14-Sep-09 16:53:15

got horrid cold and feeling v run down. dd feeding well but finding supply at end of day very low. dd frustrated and not settling in the evening at all. feeding on demand so clustering. anything else i can do to improve situation. dd very upset last night. also no rest for me (also have 3yr old) du8e to lack of early night as dd won't settle

Scorps Mon 14-Sep-09 16:55:05

Avoid cold remedies with phenylepharine in; they are designed to dry up fluids.

Roomfor2 Mon 14-Sep-09 16:56:31

Drink plenty of water (yourself) to keep your fluid levels up - BF and colds both really deplete your hydration.

Hope you feel better soon

mathanxiety Mon 14-Sep-09 16:57:44

Chicken soup.

alibobble Tue 15-Sep-09 16:22:32

ooops been on sudafed. Might expalin non sleeping baby and poor milk supply. Been better about water today. Hard to look after yourself and 2 others! (oh and DH aswell!)

ladylush Wed 16-Sep-09 10:50:07

I am also having this problem. I express and my supply has suddenly dipped over the past few days (coincided with sinusitis). Am trying to drink lots of fluids inc. fennel tea. Not taking any medication apart from domperidone (to increase milk supply) and paracetamol.

alibobble Wed 16-Sep-09 10:59:06

keep up the fluids ladylush! Am feeling a bit better and supply slowly improving again thanks to lots of fruit juice

ladylush Wed 16-Sep-09 11:02:39

Good news alibobble smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now