Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mixed fed 6 month old losing interest in bf

(4 Posts)
noodlesoup Thu 10-Sep-09 16:08:42

I have posted before about my 'failure to thrive' ds. He was ebf and is now having 200ml a day of prescription formula. This was being split between approx 5 feeds as the formula makes him constipated but just this week he has changed to a different one which can be given as one feed with the rest mixed into food. I thought this was going to be better as I could just replace one feed.

He is almost impossible to bf now. He just doesn't suck or pulls off after a few minutes. As he is titchy I really need him to feed. I don't think the formula is doing any good so I am going to talk to the pead about stopping it but will it be possible to re-establish bf now?

noodlesoup Thu 10-Sep-09 22:29:30

Shameless bump before bed.

thisisyesterday Thu 10-Sep-09 22:33:21

hmm it might just be an age thing. they do get to a point where everything is far more interesting than feeding.
i suppose the worry in this case is that he is not feeding so well, but making up for it with formula and thus your supply might suffer?

i would ring one of the breastfeeding helplines if i were you and get some advice rom them, or if you have a local baby cafe or la leche group or something go along to one

it shouldn't be a problem to re-establish breastfeeding

noodlesoup Fri 11-Sep-09 22:08:01

Thanks. He has been a bit better today so I feel happier about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now