Talk

Advanced search

bfing, blocked duct

(8 Posts)
vezzie Thu 10-Sep-09 13:57:30

Hello,
I have a lumpy sore bit on the side of my breast and a white dot on the end of my nipple.

I have applied my baby's hungry little head to the affected breast as much as possible today, as well as heat and massage, but it is not clearing. I have had this a few times, only recently, on the same breast.

the white dot makes me think this is actually a blocked duct literally, not just an inflamed one. I have tried to steam it clear in the shower and squeezed a lot but nothing has helped.

Any suggestions?

thank you!

TanteRose Thu 10-Sep-09 14:04:57

I used to sterilise a needle and scrape off the white dot (eek) shock Cue HUGE squirt of milk and instant relief grin
it is not recommended, but it was the only thing that would work...
just make sure the needle is superclean (boil it, and then dip it in antiseptic or something...)
and for god's sake, don't stab yourself with the needle, just kind of use the end to gently work the white "cover" off...
Good luck (gulp)
disclaimer, this is a real last resort....

vezzie Thu 10-Sep-09 14:10:17

thanks! does it hurt?

Mummy2day Thu 10-Sep-09 14:23:44

use a hair brush to brush your breast over sore bit towards nipple (yes really!) then jump in shower holding hot as you can bear it spray close to your sore boob jump out of shower then feed bub straight away! that was the best advice i ever had and it worked every time! Good luck!

Caro1302 Thu 10-Sep-09 14:45:36

I have a milk blister which isn't shifting so have decided to have a glass of wine tonight and then brave the needle. I'll let you know if it hurts.

I've had a few blocked ducts and find using my breast pumpwhile massaging firmly on the lump gets rid of them for me.

TanteRose Thu 10-Sep-09 14:51:20

in answer to the question, does it hurt? - yes a bit, but worth it to get rid of the blister.
Glass of wine would be good, as long as it doesn't affect your hand/eye/nipple coordination grin

vezzie Thu 10-Sep-09 15:42:26

Ok - I have attacked the surface a bit and something came out but the lumpiness is still there (a bit) and I was disappointed not to get a dramatically cathartic squirt sad.

I think it will be ok if I keep working on it with my beautiful assistant (who has now passed out with over feeding)

Thank you!

vezzie Thu 10-Sep-09 19:09:05

Caro, come back and tell is how it goes!

I am not quite so sure that I have cured this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now