Talk

Advanced search

MNHQ - you know how there is a message at the top of some topics when you click on them (legal/health etc) - do you think it would be a good idea to have the main BF support line numbers here?

(20 Posts)
MamaG Wed 09-Sep-09 13:57:31

i.e. at the top of the section when you click on it?

MamaG Thu 10-Sep-09 09:59:25

norktasticninja Thu 10-Sep-09 10:03:40

That and a link to the official guidelines on making up formula would be a fab idea.

MamaG Thu 10-Sep-09 10:27:04

Yes definitely.

you Thu 10-Sep-09 13:23:39

Excellent ideas

norktasticninja Thu 10-Sep-09 14:15:50

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 10-Sep-09 15:01:22

Afternoon. Thanks for the suggestion. We'll look into it.

In the meantime, you might like to know that we already have put those numbers/links in lots of places in our Breastfeeding content here

And we do link to official advice on how to make up a bottle from our Bottlefeeding content here

Except that I've just realised the link is broken. blush Will fix ASAP.

norktasticninja Thu 10-Sep-09 15:53:15

I hope you can arrange for the info/links to be on talk, it would be great.

I've been on MN for a couple of years now and never seen that, TBH I've never explored the site at all, I've looked at the recipe and review but nothing more. I just use talk. I wonder how unusual (or not) that is. Do you have stats about that sort of thing?

MamaG Thu 10-Sep-09 16:00:40

I'm the same norks

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 10-Sep-09 16:10:14

ooh, do take a look at it sometime, norktastic and MamaG - your wise words are probably in their somewhere!

norktasticninja Thu 10-Sep-09 16:41:32

Will do!

I suspect a lot of people come to MN talk the first time direct from Google (I know I did) so would have no idea of the wealth of information (I'm assuming) it contains. I didn't even realise the site existed for aaaages blush

A worried new mum stumbling across the BF/FF boards from a google search would probably be quite unlikely to investigate the site for info.

MamaG Thu 10-Sep-09 17:30:50

I doubt it Helen. My wise words are usually utter bollocks. Even when I made Tip of the Day it was "if your dh wants breakfast in bed chuck a sleeping bag on the kitchen floor" blush

MamaG Thu 10-Sep-09 17:31:51

I must say (and I should have said it sooner) that when I was looking for info on weaning, I find it hard to navigate - I kept getting the page about weaning from teh breast rather than weaning onto food and it has put me off exploring the other areas of the site, rather.

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 10-Sep-09 17:57:15

Weaning info here, MamaG.

And yes, agree it's confusing, navigationally - we'll try to fix that.

Grendle Thu 10-Sep-09 18:58:40

This is meant in a helpful way, but just wanted to point out that some of the numbers on that link are out of date. Several orgs have switched to 0300 numbers, as this is generally cheaper for mums calling.

National Breastfeeding Helpline: 0300 100 0212
Breastfeeding Network: 0300 100 0210
NCT: 0300 330 0771

smile

logrrl Thu 10-Sep-09 21:05:51

Oh I wish I'd found all this BF stuff on the "babies" bit sooner!

RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 10-Sep-09 21:40:26

Many thanks for updating us on the numbers Grendle, one of the editorial team will update these in the morning.
ra

MamaG Fri 11-Sep-09 09:47:24

Hmm. I wonder if MNHQ ought to highlight these other areas of the board on the next parenting news email? Seems like a lot of members aren't aware of them/using them and they're actually very good, if you can navigate them!

Thanks for hte weaning link, but we've been going for 4 months now grin - don't you know who I am? Don't you know how old BabyG is? How very dare you.

RachelMN are you v posh? ra!

GeraldineMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 11-Sep-09 12:41:53

The numbers are updated, thanks v much for alerting us.

And, yes, reorganising the breastfeeding content and making navigation easier is on the way. It was on our 'summer to do' list, but Other Things consumed a lot of time sad.

Ditto promoting the content all round the site.

<any resemblance to headless chicken purely coincidental>.

norktasticninja Tue 15-Sep-09 21:18:38

Any decision on this one yet?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now